Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My ride on the VRSCSE today.....  (Read 4468 times)

harleydiva

Re: My ride on the VRSCSE today.....
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 12:44:15 PM »

Today, December 24 I had a experience very unusual....I don't know if because I am alone (the wifey is in San Francisco w/her parents) or because I am missing my daughter and grandson (now in Heaven[smiley=angel.gif]) too much for these Christmas day or maybe is a mix of everything.....

Anyway, the day started beautiful here in South Florida...sunshine, open skys (it had been rainining for several days), 80 degrees and breezy [smiley=divers009.gif].....I had to clean the CUSE because since Terry and Suzanne had been here after Thanksgiving day the bike needed a real wash...almost a month had passed by...so I took her out of the garage and left beautiful, shine, polished, detailed  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

So right after I put her back inside the garage I looked the VRSCSE and I felt that she was looking at me and asking: how about me? Do I deserve to be clean as well?  :'(All the memories came out and started to remember the first time that I saw her....that was during the Posse Rally back in August '04 (In the attached pic Martha is on her that day) when I fell in love with her (with the bike not with Martha ;D) and said myself that I had to have that bike some day. Three months later I was attending the Florida State Rally in Leesburg (Central Florida), went to the dealer there and saw her in the showroom......I approached to a guy and asked: Are you a salesman here? He answered: Yes, may I help you? So I told him: I am participating in the rally and very interested in this bike pointing the VROD SE orange/black......I handled him a CD with several pics of a Fatboy 2001 and a Sportster 2003 that I had and willing to give in trade so I said him: take a look of this CD and let me know what deal we can make.........I left from there and anxious to hear from him the following week....He called me next Monday and told me: Give me 5 grand and your bikes and the VROD is yours....I couldn't believe that I was going to be an owner of that bike.....it was a good deal for me since I had both bikes paid. I gave him my cc for the deposit and then Friday after Thanksgiving day I put both bikes in the trailer and headed to Leesburg. I picked her up, put in the trailer and back home.......again I couldn't believe, I was so happy[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].

During the year 2005 I rode once a while and I put 3500 miles on it......Martha never wanted to be behind because she said that the passenger seat was unconfortable...(I can't argue) so I was a solo rider everytime that I rode it.....

My CUSE  was delivered in January of 2006 and I forgot the VROD, I left "abandoned" in the garage, I NEVER rode it, I NEVER washed, I NEVER took care of her, the registration expired in April and I didn't mind to renew it so I couldn't ride. Several times when I tried to turn it on the battery was dead so again I left abandoned to her destiny..........

So back today when I woke up of remembering all the past I felt guilty :-[ and at the same time very angry >:( and sad :( for my behavior during the present year.

I took her from the garage and I made the same treatment than the CUSE. I found the bottom of the triple tree rust and other parts as well......more :-?   :o I was........I said myself that this is not going to happen again [smiley=nervous.gif]

After I took a shower I put on a VRODSE shirt which I didn't wear for more than a year and went for a ride. First I went to a gas station to ckeck the air pressure (front tire 10 instead of 36 and rear tire 12 instead of 38) [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. A couple of persons admired the bike asking questions about her: model, year, cc, etc. After that I went to have lunch and again more people stared and admired that beauty.......it was shiny and clean [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

To make this story short I now decided not to sell the bike. I had been in the last couple of months looking for the way how to get rid of her and get another bike......Now, I don't want to sell it.....I will keep it!! If I sell it NEVER I was going to have it again......

So I am planning to install the wide tire kit & brembo brakes (standard in '06), better seat (maybe Corbin) so my wife seats confortable and no complaint, windshield, saddle bags, and other goodies to make it  suitable for short rides like inside the city or going to Daytona and of this way having the CUSE only for long rides.......

Now I am happy [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] to have a project for next year and to take her to Daytona Bike Week next March and then  [smiley=drink.gif] and more  [smiley=drink.gif].

Merrry Christmas and God Bless all of you mis amigos.........

Jorge [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Jorge, what a touching post, and I'm so glad you've decided to keep the VRod.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   It's a beautiful bike.  :)   As Terry mentioned, he was so sweet  :-* to add the extras to his VRod to make it comfortable for me as a passenger.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Tell Martha that she will love riding the VRod once you make the additions.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

We can't wait to follow the progress of the rebirth of that beautiful bike.   :)   Terry will be more than happy to offer advice.   ;)  I wish we had time to come visit and Terry could help you with the transformation.  Once it's done, we'll have to have a VRod party!   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]

Happy and Safe Trails to You and Martha,

Suzanne

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 12:59:45 PM »

JORGE
WILL YOU BE BRINGING THE V ROD TO TAMPA WITH YOU NEXT WEEKEND [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »

Jorge, what a touching post, and I'm so glad you've decided to keep the VRod.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   It's a beautiful bike.  :)   As Terry mentioned, he was so sweet  :-* to add the extras to his VRod to make it comfortable for me as a passenger.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   Tell Martha that she will love riding the VRod once you make the additions.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

We can't wait to follow the progress of the rebirth of that beautiful bike.   :)   Terry will be more than happy to offer advice.   ;)  [highlight]I wish we had time to come visit and Terry could help you with the transformation[/highlight].  Once it's done, we'll have to have a VRod party!   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]   [smiley=drink.gif]

Happy and Safe Trails to You and Martha,

Suzanne

You are right.......that was that I just told Terry by phone ...I am going to take the bike to your house and spend 3-4 days over there and make all the job with his help [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif]...I am kidding...

Thanks mi amiga for your words.....

Warmest Regards,

Jorge
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:01:12 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 01:08:33 PM »

JORGE
[highlight]WILL YOU BE BRINGING THE V ROD TO TAMPA WITH YOU NEXT WEEKEND[/highlight] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

You know Dave is a good idea because anyway Martha will be driving the HD cage and I won't have to take anything with me [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] and then we can have a  [smiley=drink.gif].....please talk to Harry and I believe that Ron (Rhino) and Robmay are interested....

Have a good Corona & water [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif] mi amigo,

Jorge
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:09:24 PM by jegomez »

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »

BRING EM ALL JORGE, LETS HAVE SOME FUN. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »

BRING EM ALL JORGE, LETS HAVE SOME FUN. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

For sure I will do.......... [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »

ATABOY JORGE, GET IN THE HAPPY MODE FOR SOME GOOD FUN. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

harleydiva

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 01:38:34 PM »

ATABOY JORGE, GET IN THE HAPPY MODE FOR SOME GOOD FUN. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=carrot.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

Can't wait til we can come back to Florida and we can all ride in the wind.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »

Very nice...Nice bike too as a fellow owner...

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »

Jorge,
Nice post, glad to hear you're keeping the 05'. Look forward to seeing the pics of the "fat tire" project. [smiley=carrot.gif]

Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 05:35:09 AM »

Jorge,
Nice post, glad to hear you're keeping the 05'. Look forward to seeing the pics of the "fat tire" project. [smiley=carrot.gif]

Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]

ED, JORGE TRADED HIS 05 SEVROD ON A 07 VRSCX. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
                       DAVE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »

ED, JORGE TRADED HIS 05 SEVROD ON A 07 VRSCX. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
                       DAVE

Dave,
I read though both posts and checked the dates on both and I thought he bought the 07' and kept the 05' my mistake. Another ole' 05' gone... :'(

Thanks for the correction,
Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:59:54 AM by Special_Ed »
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 09:26:09 AM »

Dave,
I read though both posts and checked the dates on both and I thought he bought the 07' and kept the 05' my mistake. Another ole' 05' gone... :'(
Thanks for the correction,
Ed [smiley=pepper.gif]

Ed, must have been the larger rear rubber implant, but he did kick the ole girlfriend to the curb.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1167693009/0

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 09:26:38 AM by Rjob749 »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »

Jorge,
It is a BEAUTIFUL bike!  I find excuses to ride mine even if only for a few miles!  (I put 3500 miles on her from May to October!)  Today, the boys went with their dad to their great grandparent's house, so I went shopping for some last minute stocking stuffers, gift cards, etc and decided I'd find my way over to the Harley dealership (X 2).  The first dealership had a showroom full of bikes and none (and I'm serious when I say NONE) jumped out at me!  I didn't find what I was looking for so I headed north on the interstate to dealership number 2 (my usual dealership).  They always have a better selection of EVERYTHING!  When I pulled into the parking lot, I almost ran over the curb because I was staring a replica of my bike (but without mods of course)!  Of course, I had to check it out and the guy was beaming from ear-to-ear when he saw me.  I just smiled as I walked in and said, "Nice bike."  (He was flirting with some girl and I didn't want to ruin the moment for him....)  As I pass him, what is spinning around on the "display spindle?"  None other than the VRSCX which I THOUGHT I just had to have after seeing her and in print and at a distance!  But after checking it out thoroughly, I think I still like mine better!  It's got more flash (aka CHROME and flake) and a beautiful paint job!!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  That is the only reason I haven't made the move to a bigger more practical bike for trips!!!!  I honestly don't think I could ever get rid of her! [highlight] I know it's still THE ONE for me because I don't even like the former owner riding it!!!!  [/highlight]HA HA!!!

I'm glad you're keeping it!  If you loved it that much when you traded, I can't imagine getting rid of it!  Heck, sign Martha up for an MSF class and she can ride along beside you!!!!  

Merry Christmas, Jorge and Martha!

Hey someone has to clean the carbon out of that beautiful bike!

Jorge as most know I have owned many bikes. Most if not all got the GFS treatment and some extra bling! I have to say though the prettiest bike of all of them is the "V's" Vrod. Now that she will be riding an EAGLE the Vrod can sit over in the corner of the shop and look pretty. I can have a few [smiley=drink.gif] and clean her monthly.

Yes I truly love both of those "V's"

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 26 queries.