Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Hash Pipe exhaust?  (Read 6160 times)

Mrkicks

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Anyone familiar with Hash Pipe exhaust?
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »

The tech who did my last build on my Dyna is recommending Hash Pipes. Looked them up and they look nice and from what I heard on YouTube they sound good. Not sure if I wanna be the first to try them.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2005 Super Glide

Mrkicks

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Re: Anyone familiar with Hash Pipe exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 11:12:36 PM »

Never realized there were so many out of work comedians who ride Harley's

https://www.hashenterprises.com/.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2005 Super Glide

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:57:25 AM »

Never realized there were so many out of work comedians who ride Harley's

https://www.hashenterprises.com/.
I know right !!
My favorite color is chrome

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

Looks like a modified core FatCat slip-on. Probably sound a bit like a Crusher mellow.

Glock

• Junior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »

I still have my hash pipe. Its in the tool box looks like a tire inflator. Its retired now though
Mine too, along with the zigzag man, grinder, blade...
Damn sorry wrong forum...

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »

I looked through the dyno sheets they have.. All showing STD so back off 5% from those numbers and you are in the range. I will say even then those peak numbers are higher than most with a bolt in cam and from what I read they are all stock.. Not sure what year the bikes are as that info is missing..

Odd looking baffle set up, but if it works then great. I wonder about packing in the muffler could not find anything about that..  Packing is a big deal as if the packing moves or blows our the tune will alter as you have changed back pressure.

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

puterengineer01

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »

Gary does all the work on my Harley and is an awesome mechanic and a stand up guy!!  He has been a certified Harley mechanic for 30+ years and also did a lot of racing back in the day.   A buddy of mine just had the full Hash exhaust and PC put on his 2013 StreetGlide and he said it's a totally different bike!!! Small town Iowa boys are really turning heads around here with their performance and sound!!

Mrkicks

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »

Finally got the Hash Pipes installed. A little bit louder than what I was looking for, but the sound is amazing. The bike barks when I crack the throttle and has a unique tone. Very happy with the performance as well. If you're looking for something different, check them out for yourselves! Oh one other thing, going with their header and muffler has reduced the heat issue noticeably! According to the owner he said it would reduce the heat by 400+ degrees and he was spot on!
2010 CVO Street Glide
2005 Super Glide

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:24:45 AM by LC110 »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 11:50:20 PM »

holy smokes!  they sure are proud of them pipes aint they?  $750 for a pair of slip ons?  if we were playing poker, i'd fold......

glad you like them though.  i'd like to hear them.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 08:00:41 AM »

400 * reduction in temp. What gear did you use to collect this data. So before temps where what?? what location on the pipe did you test.  Sorry but hard to think you live else where have 5 post all about this system and now you both get the same reduction in temp on two different bikes , in different locations , time so the year etc...

I am a shop and sorry but that is extremely hard to believe ...... or  I want to be with you when you buy lottery tickets  Mega ball is looking good ..

Lets see the dyno sheet as reduction in temp would have to be tuned. And love to see a sheet with the pipe from another dyno in SAE .

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:33:15 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »

400 degrees less just by changing the exhaust?  I join the others posting above and remain skeptical.  I'm not from Missouri but you'd still have to show me.  Smells and looks like snake oil.  :nixweiss:

Think I'll stick with the proven and true Fullsac header and baffles and........at a much better price.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mrkicks

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 08:13:50 PM »

Hey all I know is my inner thigh was burning up before I made the change from the stock header with  Screaming Eagle mufflers. I don't need to stick my head up a cows ass to know a good cut of meat. I went back and checked the email and he said it was 350 degrees, but I can tell you the heat reduction was immediate and noticeable.

On Apr 20, 2015, at 9:40 PM, gary@hashenterprises.com wrote:
Hi Paul, Chris had spoke with you about our exhaust and wanted me to send you what he recommended.  (1) hash pipe mufflers(slash down) at 732.50 and a stage 1 air filter 150. this will get you a good sound and will flow better out the exhaust as well as the intake. (2) Our complete system consisting of true-duals, chrome with torque chamber, 579.95 (quieter then the tru-dual set), hash pipe mufflers at 732.50, air box 150, programmer 389 and a set of good wires. This gets rid of the converter (runs 1000 degrees and more) the smashed cross under transmission pipe and where it comes out of the converter on the left side is only 1 1/2 inch--right 1 3/4 inch. Our true-duals are ceramic coated inside and out and on the Dyno they run 350 degrees cooler. We are still a very small company that started up about 1 year ago and have sold over 200 sets and trying to keep up. Our baffles have a life time warranty on them and the patented baffles are made at our shop. We show great torque numbers where others show none. We have done dyno test an everyone's down pipes  , there just isn't hardly any difference. These mufflers are made with the best components there are and not made cheap to sell volume to made a profit. Paul, thanks for the interest in our exhaust and i'm sure you will be happy whatever you choose. Be safe riding, Gary Hash.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2005 Super Glide

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.