Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO FLHXSE Speaker noise  (Read 1327 times)

2015FLHXSEHCMERCURY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

2015 CVO FLHXSE Speaker noise
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:47 PM »

My 2015 CVO FLHXSE has been making a noise from the rear speakers since day one.  When you turn the bike on (not starting the bike) right after the boom audio comes on the screen, I get a 2 pops along with a kind of "Bloop" sound from my rear speakers.  You can see the speaker cones pop when this happens.  I have already had my right rear speaker replaced because it was blown and I'm sure the pop was the culprit.  Anyone else hearing this?

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
Re: 2015 CVO FLHXSE Speaker noise
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

I was having the speakers/system emitting a loud feed back sound which I think I pinned down to only occurring after I had remove the saddlebags and washed the bike. It hasn't happen since I was much more careful which moisture around the connectors which by the way are a pain in the ass. They really need to come up with a better quick disconnect system then currently in use...

2015FLHXSEHCMERCURY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »

My bike has never been washed so that is not the issue.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »

My 2015 CVO FLHXSE has been making a noise from the rear speakers since day one.  When you turn the bike on (not starting the bike) right after the boom audio comes on the screen, I get a 2 pops along with a kind of "Bloop" sound from my rear speakers.  You can see the speaker cones pop when this happens.  I have already had my right rear speaker replaced because it was blown and I'm sure the pop was the culprit.  Anyone else hearing this?

Take a look at the pins in the harness for the big plug on the left saddlebag. Mine had the pin in the corner bent down so it was not connecting. Same exact noise

2015FLHXSEHCMERCURY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 08:13:14 AM »

I took it back to the dealership yesterday. They want to look at a few things including the wiring harness.  I'll cross my fingers.  ;)

2015FLHXSEHCMERCURY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »

Take a look at the pins in the harness for the big plug on the left saddlebag. Mine had the pin in the corner bent down so it was not connecting. Same exact noise

Yep that was it. Bent pin. Problem solved!  :huepfenjump3:

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.