Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security lamp staying on; not sure why ('06 FLHTCUSE)  (Read 1958 times)

UNYboater

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Security lamp staying on; not sure why ('06 FLHTCUSE)
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:59 PM »

I fired up the beast this evening & took her around the block, even though it was only about 40 degrees...just couldn't resist!  Anyway, I didn't have the fob with me & noticed that the security lamp was lit solid so I went back home.  I grabbed the fob & was able to arm & disarm the system but when I switch her to ON, the lamp comes on, shuts off for a few seconds then comes back on solid.  It just stays on solid.  I did a search here & on a couple other forums but only found enough info to make me believe there's no proximity function for the '06, just manual.  Is that correct? Has anyone else see this same issue with the lamp staying on?
Thanks!
2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Security lamp staying on; not sure why ('06 FLHTCUSE)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:50:47 PM »

Any of the signal or brake light bulbs burned out?

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »

You are correct in that there is NO proximity function in 2006. The button on fob is to turn on or off. The newer bikes like 2009 and up don't have a button to turn on or off just the proximity... When was the last time you changed the battery in the fob or on the bike? Do you keep the bike on a charger when not in use?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:35:11 AM »

That light is telling you the system has set a diagnostic trouble code (one or more).  You need to read the codes to determine what's going on, or take it to a shop to do it for you.  The instructions for accessing the codes are posted on the site.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=99028.msg1284369#msg1284369

The 2006 and earlier bikes didn't use a proximity fob system, but instead the manual pushbutton version.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

UNYboater

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

Follow up:  I should have followed up sooner but I found the issue!  I had a plug in the power outlet in the fairing; it was longer than it should be so a sharp turn in the garage crushed the plug against the tank & actually was shorting out in the outlet.  I checked fuses but it took a while until I figured the short was constant until I pulled that out!
Sorry for the delay posting this & thanks.
2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.