Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: my bike is still in shop getting mods stopped by to get my dyno sheet- BIKE DONE  (Read 6186 times)

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"

Great looking bike by the way. Nice mods.
Just curious, I have a question, Are the fluctuations in the torque curve between 2,700 and 3,600 RPM's normal or are they caused by something specific?
I 'm an amateur and know nothing about tuning so forgive my ignorance.
I was just noticing the power curve is much smoother with less fluctuations.
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

JJCruzzz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2008 Ultra Classic - sold
    • CVO3: 2007 Night Train Custom - sold

Lars - i am new to the tuning of bikes myself but was turned on to a local tuner that came highly recommended and i trusted in his process. i asked him about the fluctuations (tiny ripples) in my torque curve and he told me they were due to irregularities in my tires and was nothing to be concerned about - so i left it at that. guys - does that sound about right?

MadCvo - thanks bro - will 'flash them for you anytime'

Phato - i have HD boots and i just measured the heel to be just over 1 1/4" with standard insert sole - i may have to check into 4tigers option he posted...

4Tigers - thanks for the tip - seems like that would make sense - so do you just send the sole off to: Resole America in Warrenton Va. - and they do the mods and send back?
           - are you riding an Ultra?  i also need to replace shield and was thinking 8" freedom

thanks for the input guys..

JJ

4tigers

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 cvo road glide ultra

Lars - i am new to the tuning of bikes myself but was turned on to a local tuner that came highly recommended and i trusted in his process. i asked him about the fluctuations (tiny ripples) in my torque curve and he told me they were due to irregularities in my tires and was nothing to be concerned about - so i left it at that. guys - does that sound about right?

MadCvo - thanks bro - will 'flash them for you anytime'

Phato - i have HD boots and i just measured the heel to be just over 1 1/4" with standard insert sole - i may have to check into 4tigers option he posted...

4Tigers - thanks for the tip - seems like that would make sense - so do you just send the sole off to: Resole America in Warrenton Va. - and they do the mods and send back?
           - are you riding an Ultra?  i also need to replace shield and was thinking 8" freedom

thanks for the input guys..

JJ

You can go to their website, they have a form you can fill out, then ship them your boots, they do your requested mods then ship them back to you. They added 1" of lift then reinstalled the original soles on mine, as they were new. They can also put new soles on if yours are warn.
I do ride a rg ultra, my shield is stock and is fine for me. I have heard good reviews on freedom tho.
Chuck

JJCruzzz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

thanks Chuck - will look into this option as i really do not want to get into doing full seat mod or even suspension for that matter. i checked our seat height specs on HD website and out two bikes are the same height with a 180 lb rider...

--obviously you had to adjust your shifter so your foot could fit under - do you find it awkward getting your feet on boards & shifting with the added heel?

JJ

4tigers

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 cvo road glide ultra

thanks Chuck - will look into this option as i really do not want to get into doing full seat mod or even suspension for that matter. i checked our seat height specs on HD website and out two bikes are the same height with a 180 lb rider...

--obviously you had to adjust your shifter so your foot could fit under - do you find it awkward getting your feet on boards & shifting with the added heel?

JJ

I use the heel shifter so I did not have to adjust the shifter. Some members don't like the heel shifter as you have to pick your foot up each shift, but I find if you adjust it down you just have to slide your foot back to shift.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

I also heel shift, I've gotten quite use to it. I started heel shifting after I found the toe up shift lever was wreaking the top of my boots

JJCruzzz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

i tried heel shifting a couple times and wasn't comfortable - but being tip toed when stopped is even more difficult so i think i may try the boot/heel extension to see if this can solve my problem - thanks for the suggestions guys!

JJ

ferris bueller

• Buy The Ticket Take The Ride
    • IL

• CVO1: 2014 CVO ROAD KING

:bananarock:  hey JJ   Gene Simmons called and he wants his boots back !   Bike looks good though !

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool

Freedom has measuring instructions on their site to get the correct height. My shield is the 9" version with the recurve. The height of the windshield you will need will vary depending on the length of your body from the waist up. Some of us 5'9" and shorter guys just have really short legs, some have longer legs and compact upper torsos.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG

I'm the same height and had the same issue with my Ultra, i ended up going with Progressive suspension one inch lowering, it made the bike safe for me to handle, i may have given up lean angle, but I never road hard enough to notice, and we like to ride the mountains at least once a year. I also tried a reach seat, but ended up the stock seat in the end. Ride Safe
Supershooter

JJCruzzz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

thanks for the advice supershooter...  did you also have to change out the front forks or did you just do the rears?  do you remember if this is same part # for the progressive rears: 944-4002UT?

1" would do the trick for sure - so i am still getting used to the new bars so my ride positioning has changed and i feel a little bit more comfortable on bike but still tip toe at stop - although i do sit up straight when coming to a stop to have maximum control

--just not sure if i want to try seat mod, boot/heel/sole mod or the more expensive suspension mod - i did just drop a nice penny on this last wave of mods but do want to be flat footed...

thanks - JJ

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG

JJ
I used Progressive Suspension monotubes in the front, they come in either standard or one inch lower. I used the one inch lower mono tubes. I also used the 940's in the rear, which I think have been replaced by the 944's. I was encouraged to lower both the front and back, in order to keep the geometry correct for ride and handling. I put 35K miles on the suspension, only having one issue with the monotubes, but progressive warrantied the parts and were working fine when I traded the bike this fall. The monotubes also removed the front end dive, that I'd get when braking in a low speed situation. The reduced seat height and front end dive reduction were, a huge positive change for me. Like I said before we like to ride hard and fast and didn't really have major issues.
If you have any mechanical skills and a service manual you could probably install them yourself, especially the 944's their a breeze.
Supershooter

JJCruzzz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

thanks for the good 411 shooter! gonna put some more ride time in and then consider suspension mod if i really need to get that inch closer to ground :)

JJ Cruzzz
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.