Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SC Low Country Flooding  (Read 2261 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
SC Low Country Flooding
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »

I worked all day yesterday and just saw the news about the flooding down in the Charleston, SC area. Are our friends down there OK?

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: SC Low Country Flooding
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »

:rolleyes4:

Hey,  it's not just the (low country) around Charleston,  take a look at the news and check out Columbia and their problems with high water.  I live in Sunset Beach, N.C. and we and the surrounding areas here have had 15"--18" + since last Thurs/Friday. :oops:

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »

Hoping everyone is OK, anyone heard from Mikeytee?  Hope he is OK...
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:10:44 AM »

:rolleyes4:

Hey,  it's not just the (low country) around Charleston,  take a look at the news and check out Columbia and their problems with high water.  I live in Sunset Beach, N.C. and we and the surrounding areas here have had 15"--18" + since last Thurs/Friday. :oops:

Wow! I had no idea. I just heard a quick news story this morning and they mentioned Charleston. I hope everyone is OK.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:23:18 AM »

Hey to all from the high spot in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Susie and I are fine and our kids and their families are high and dry. Most of the flooding has past for most of us.
I heard from Frank ( Pado ) and Phyllis and from TN and they are doing well. The inland areas of our state aren't fairing as well do to the creeks, rivers, ponds, and storm drains being flooding. No place for the water to go. At least we have the ocean to drain the water into.
I don't wish this kind of weather on anyone except maybe our politicians in Washington!!
 :D
Thanks for all of the PM's and calls checking to see if we are okay. WE ARE!
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:30:50 AM »

Really glad to hear that you and yours is OK Mike.  Let's pray for all those that are suffering though.

Babe made a comment last night...."seems odd, they don't need it and they're getting it...we need it and aren't getting it".  :nixweiss:

I remember back to 1970....was stationed at MCAS Beaufort.  Driving around the state....Walterboro, Charleston, Savannah....swamps on both sides of the road (first place I learned that a racoon is a cute little guy but nothing to mess with  :nervous:).  I imagine those roads are probably under water now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »

I was just about to touch base with you, Mike.  You are in a high spot of the low country (is that an oxymoron?) so I figured you were fine.  Pop is in the same boat (so to speak) as you being a bit higher in elevation and they are doing fine.  I was there Thursday, Friday and had the wonderful pleasure of driving home in the deluge on Saturday.  Downtown Charleston is a mini Venice although it's beginning to go down a bit.  I didn't know about Columbia until I was home Saturday night but I can understand because when I was coming through, it was a hard, water-out-of-a-boot type rain.

JC, wish we could ship some of this your way...... :)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

JC you should have said something sooner, I would have bottled/barreled some up and sent it your way.  :(  I know not that funny.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:33 PM »

Glad to hear your OK Mikey, I was watching the news this morning and I thought I saw some quart jars floating away, I thought of you right away.... :drink: :drink:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.