Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King or Chopped TourPak?  (Read 3847 times)

electraslide

King or Chopped TourPak?
« on: June 05, 2004, 01:01:19 AM »

Anyone get a King Tourpak for their O&B?

I ordered one when I got my bike the first week in April, and when it showed up today it was the chopped model. The dealer says he ordered the King part #, but when he checked into it that Harley has "superceded" that number with the chopped unit..... He is telling me that the painted to match King TourPak is not available. I have to wonder if he's just telling me that's all he can get because he can't return it after ordering it by mistake. Anyone have any knowledge on the subject?

I know the chopped pack looks great, but after riding with one for the last few years, the King provides a lot more storage.  

Any input is appreciated............

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: King or Chopped TourPak?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 01:17:10 AM »

Welcome to the board!

Can't comment specifically on the O/B, but I do know the part numbers for the tour-paks have been superceded from what was published in the 2004 P&A catalogs.  I got a king B/B, though, so I'm pretty sure he's giving you a line of BS when he tells you the O/B king paks aren't available, or, he simply doesn't know where to look for the correct part no.

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 03:25:16 AM »

Ive also got and O&B King on order and as far as i am aware, there are no problems in getting one and i am in the UK!!! I think you dealer has ordered the wrong one by mistake and is trying to pass it off on you. Tell him to send it back and order the right one. Maybe you can keep the chopped until yours turns up? [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 05:32:49 AM »

Yes, the KING tour pak IS available for orange / black SEEG! A guy I ride with has one for his o/b SEEG that he received about a month ago. The part numbers did change from the time he orginally ordered the King pak back last fall (he ordered the pak the same time he put a deposit on the bike).

I went with the King Tour Pak for the extra storage space and passenger comfort. Both look good, but if you ride two up or travel the King pak is the way to go.

electraslide

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 01:11:10 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.....  

So can anyone supply me with the correct current part number for the O/B King TourPak, or a way to find it?

Once I have the right number I can hopefully convince this dealer to get it for me instead of insisting the chopped one is all there is. Unfortunately, they don't appear too interested in sorting this deal out, so I may need to go elsewhere... Any suggestions?

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 02:48:13 PM »

I have picked up mine today the man this is one awesome tourpack, colour matched with flames and chrome inserts, the label on the box from harley states number 4096739 the part number in the cataloge is 79103-04BFG plus the matching back pad number 52519-03. hope this helps
[smiley=drink.gif]

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 07:33:35 PM »

I ordered mine (and most HD stuff) from Hales HD (Mansfield, Ohio). 20% off and no sales tax and very reasonable shipping charges. Call and ask for Jenni. Be warned that she is not much for small talk and you better have your part numbers ready or it'll be NO CHROME FOR YOU :)

Bobby_Brooks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 09:40:47 PM »

Had an ultra with the king, have the chopped on my 04 flhtcse. Boy do i love it, looks great and still get a lot of stuff in it, helmets etc.

Yes, they do make the king for it, look inthe 04 catalog.

Bobby_Brooks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 09:44:09 PM »

PS  Cyrstral River HD in FL, 20% off, no tax, free shiipping over $500.00

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 01:11:43 PM »

These are the part numbers that I order from Chicago H-D for my O&B.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 01:12:44 PM by h2oski »

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 03:48:56 PM »

Dont forget the antenna relocation kit - if youre going to go that way or the hidden dakota, but then you gotta do something with the two fugly holes at the rear! [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 11:31:28 PM »

Can anyone post a picture of how their King Tour Pak attaches on the underside to the detachable rack?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:58:57 PM by h2oski »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2004, 11:42:33 PM »

If one orders a new king tour pak does it come out of the box with the holes for the antenna relocation kit?  I may get the king pak for greater storage when on the road but have already done away with the whip and using the TuneTrapper.  So it would be nice if the holes just weren't there.........

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2004, 08:39:51 AM »

No it comes with 2 nice holes in it from the factory.  [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] I had mine filled and a graffic and lettering to macth the tank done by a friend.  have pics posted in tour pak graffics.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 04:38:25 PM »

Go to the harley web site, go to parts and accessories, then to new products, then to king tour paks. All of the se electra glide colors are available in the king tour paks. Part numbers also. Thanks to twolanerider for this info.
MObe

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.