Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ipod Volume  (Read 1000 times)

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
Ipod Volume
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »

I can't seem to get enough volume out of my factory Ipod in my saddle. Anyone know if I'm doing something incorrect ? A setting ?
                    Thanks in advance Jonnierock

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Ipod Volume
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »

You might need to raise the max output on the iPod itself to increase
the 'available' volume to the bike
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »

i think it may have to do with where you loaded your music from...on mine i got songs that sound great and some that i cant hear very well  :nixweiss: i had iron cross blue tooth my radio and now play from my phone most the time now and rarely use ipod
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

dwarfsuzuki

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »

Just as previously stated, you have to have the IPod at full volume to work on your radio. ;D

1badbagger

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 1962 XLCH
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »

I  have the same problem as Johnnie rocks has. I have my ipod in the saddlebag set to full volume...every time I shut the bike off it goes back to half volume and starts off on the same song  :soapbox:. I'm ready for the Bluetooth mod from iron cross this winter.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm going to confuse this thread or not, but there may be a bit of confusion on the "volume".

On my iPods I of course have volume controls for ear buds or connection to an aux speaker, but in SETTINGS there is also a "volume" setting.  This will limit the output volume to any aux device regardless of how high you set your external volume controls, sort of a governor of sorts.  This setting I always keep at max and never mess with it again.

As others have said, the external volume controls have no bearing on loudness when directly linked into the iPod hard wiring on the HD.

But I'm not sure how the Settings Volume interacts with the hard wired through the head unit, I've not played with it to see.

So I believe now it's as clear as mud...

I have over 150k songs in my iTunes and I have lots of them that have differences in volume when played.  I've tried to "equalize" them in the past, but eventually just live with it.  It's not that big of deal while riding, flip with your left thumb and you just up/down to your liking.  When I'm Bluetooth streaming to my PC at work or other aux speaker Bluetooth at home, it's a bit more of an inconvenience.

It seems that when I import a CD they seem to be about the same gain wise, but some of the purchased and other MP3 files seem to vary quite a bit.  I've also been trying to import the songs at a much higher bit rate or wav type.  This does not seem to make any difference in the loudness, but the play back does seem to be more CD quality than the data clipping reduction of MP3 files.  I have enough hard drive space so having a wav file album taking up 70mg versus a MP3 of the same album only taking up 6mg or 7mg of space.  I still have about 800 CD's to import and have not taken the time to do it as it's such a BORING thing to do.

Sorry to muddy up the thread... :(
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:04:22 AM by Dan_Lockwood »
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.