Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Garmin Base Camp doesn't show the Cherahala Skyway and the other Scenic Roads  (Read 920 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO

I have a Zumo 550. Using Garmin Base Camp it doesn't show the Cherahala Skyway. I got the latest version, and unlocked my City Navigator NT Disk. It used to work properly but my laptop screwed up and I had to reinstall all the programs. Any Idea Hints? Using the GPS
theis program lets me pick the exact routes to take. Iw works but it don't show every street? Thanks for any input.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded

Friend had similar problem with MapSource - would not show detail only major roads. Call to Garmin tech support revealed that his map was not unlocked for some reason. Tech gave him unlock code which fixed the problem for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

If you hook your 550 up to your laptop via usb port, then open garmin express and under options scroll down and check the load map to computer option.

Then let express install the map on your laptop.  Basecamp will find and use this map.

This is good to do because it keep both the GPS and basecamp map sycn'd up.

If the map is already good in basecamp....than it could just be your view filter setting.

CaptRat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO RGU

X2 ^  Sounds like the map is locked.

The Global Map that (I think) is automatically installed with BaseCamp is not lockable and exhibits what you have described. Check that you have the right map product selected and that it's unlocked.
Rat

2016 FLTRUSE, Ruby Red/Palladium Silver, Jackpot exhaust/slipons, Heads ported & polished, Powervision, Target Tune.
2008 FLHTCU, Candy Red Sunglo, 110", Rinehart true duals, massive chrome, 66,000 miles (traded)
2004 FLHTCUI, Lava Red Sunglo, 95", V&H true duals, 57,500 miles (traded)
2000 FLHR, Luxury Rich Red/Vivid Black, 95", Baker 6 speed, V&H exhaust, 37,500 miles (sold)

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.