Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ticking Noise during the throttle motion  (Read 1648 times)

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

Ticking Noise during the throttle motion
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »

Happy 2016...hoping everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's Eve celebration  :bananarock: :apple:.  Here in Maryland, we have been having some great weather, which is odd for this time of year.  I was able to take the bike out a few times...which leads me to my concern.

I noticed before switching to any gear (not down shifting) I hear "ticking" seconds before switching to the next gear.  The noise is coming from the right side of the throttle (general area)...cant seem to pin it down, being I'm riding.  Nothing wrong with the riding or the performance...as you rev up the RPM's for that particular gear, and right about when your going to switch...its a "fast pace" tick tick tick tick tick tick. Bike is still under warranty, however its a pain to drop off, because HD will find something that its not connected to the warranty issue.

Your thoughts?  :nixweiss:

Thanks

S

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Ticking Noise during the throttle motion
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »

Note the rpm's when you hear this ticking noise.  Is it always in the same rpm range?  I'm just guessing here, since you didn't include enough detail to know for sure, but it sounds like you're describing a common complaint with the 110 engines that is most likely valve train noise.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:36:54 PM »

Thanks Jerry...and yes, the "ticking" takes place when the throttle "RPM's" has reached the max, before changing gear. 

S

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 08:29:31 AM »

Check for loose heat shields, footboard bolts/brackets, also.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.