Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fueling Oil Cooler Installed  (Read 4005 times)

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Fueling Oil Cooler Installed
« on: June 24, 2007, 08:08:20 AM »

As promised, the latest editions to the "SE FatBoy Monster" project are installed. The pix are for your viewing enjoyment.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
Re: Fueling Oil Cooler Installed
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 08:12:43 AM »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »

That looks somewhat like the Spurgin Bad-Boy Oil Cooler in that it is cylindrical with fins to dissipate heat. What kind of number drops have you seen in the temps. My ONLY concern about that is if it will smack the top of the fender when you compress the forks with good braking, or a good speed bump or drop.

I like it.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 11:22:02 AM »

NIce looking unit looks kind of crowded for filter service.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:56:16 AM »

Friends,

The Fueling Oil Cooler was easy enough to install, and I have not had the opportunity to service the filter yet. I have road tested the oil cooler mounting location and so far, no bottom out, yet. I know the potential looks hazardous, however the installation on the cross bar was tested in shop under various conditions before the decision was made.

I am like 5'11", 250lbs. I put some stress on the handlebar, road tested in Los Angeles on less than perfect road conditions and loaded up my girl "Rosemarie" with the extra weight of the two up seat, tire pressure change etc...no problems as of yet.

I will continue to gather data for comparison of heat performance. I will post the information so be on the look out.

Kona76
Mike K.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 08:35:21 AM »

Damm thats lookin really cool Kona, good work!
Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 07:12:05 AM »

OK, after a week and a half of testing, gathering data and swapping oils 20/50 for Syn Mobil 1 15w50, I have this to offer for results:

Random checks for Oil Temp are averaged as such:
Oil Temp stock engine: 195 - 205 F

Oil Temp upgraded engine:  210 - 227

Oil Temp as above with Feuling Oil 190 - 205.

It works, It works and comes in chrome.....

I am impressed so far. It has been HELLA hot here in the southland, so conditions are set for "HOT".
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:30:11 PM by kona76 »

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »

It's definitely working.  I'm down the road from you and I routinely run in the 220 range.  Same temps on the wife's Sporty so I would say we run the average for non-oil cooled.
Love my '05

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »

It's definitely working.  I'm down the road from you and I routinely run in the 220 range.  Same temps on the wife's Sporty so I would say we run the average for non-oil cooled.

Hey Dave,

I am going to load continuous data (that means manually log each temp day to day with a pen and then log it into a spreadsheet) and do a 31 day comparison. I think I will have overall lower numbers including the daily SFV street traffic and the way we like to run our SE FatBoys: hard and fast.

So far though, no problems and decent results. I think I will send my results into Feuling as well.

Hope the ProPipes install easy for you.

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.