Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No key / fob warning  (Read 7188 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: No key / fob warning
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »

When I went out I set them on the work bench next to my bike and they were close enough to start it.....I left it in the parking lot at work( a car dealer) chirping away while I borrowed a truck and run home to get the keys.I guess it only chirped for 5 or 10 minutes,but of course thats not the story I got when I got back.....

Later that afternoon we got on youtube and programmed the over ride.....i remember the code,but not the sequence,so as long as I have a smart phone I will be golden.

lesson learned the hard way.  knowing how to operate your equipment before leaving the dealer parking lot should be priority one.  now, i'm not talking about every little nuance of the infotainment system, but knowing how to start your bike with or without the fob should be.  since 2007, I have purchased 5 bikes with security, and each one I have changed the override code before leaving the parking lot.

though, I do have to give you props.  yes, you had a problem.  yes, you got it solved.  but you didn't come on here and rail against the 'pos Harley security system' for a problem that you created..... :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

magoo1500

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »

lesson learned the hard way.  knowing how to operate your equipment before leaving the dealer parking lot should be priority one.  now, i'm not talking about every little nuance of the infotainment system, but knowing how to start your bike with or without the fob should be.  since 2007, I have purchased 5 bikes with security, and each one I have changed the override code before leaving the parking lot.

though, I do have to give you props.  yes, you had a problem.  yes, you got it solved.  but you didn't come on here and rail against the 'pos Harley security system' for a problem that you created..... :2vrolijk_21:

I honestly didn't know they had an over ride,but it was lesson learned.I have the fobs hooked to my belt loop or in the dash pocket whenever it leaves my garage....I live by the "it isn't if you make a mistake,its if you learn by it".
2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO

ozrider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 11:23:17 PM »

Learnt many years ago that loosing keys or wallet while riding is usually a very bad thing, no matter what the system.

Keys, fobs, and wallet all now secured to belt with sturdy reliable chain,,,, they go where I go unless I decide to set them free.

Your suggestion of a warning/ alarm when out of range when activated is a good one and hopefully HD will take it on board for future upgrades.

Happy trails.

Win Lotto, Go back to Sturgis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Never go home!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »

I live by the "it isn't if you make a mistake,its if you learn by it".

that's a great attitude to have.  unfortunately, we're all human and we're going to make mistakes.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 08:37:15 PM »

I find the older I get the more little techniques I have to use to prevent me from forgetting things like leaving without my wallet, cell phone, key fob etc.  One trick is I keep the key fob far enough away from the motor in the garage that it won't start.  Probably 1 out of 5 times I straighten it up and the security system goes off!  I have a little sign posted in my tour pack that reads WALLET!!  I was in the technology business and learned that they can't program for human errors.  It's impossible to second guess every situation.  JMO   :2vrolijk_21:
Do it now!

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »

I just put the battery backwards in my spare FOB and put that in my saddle bag. If my main fob is lost or the battery dies I will just open up the spare FOB and put battery in correctly.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »

I just put the battery backwards in my spare FOB and put that in my saddle bag. If my main fob is lost or the battery dies I will just open up the spare FOB and put battery in correctly.
I like this idea. When the wife and I ride together, she wears the 2nd fob on a key clip on her belt. It would avoid both batteries dying at the same time.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »

I keep a new battery in the glove box on the bike.  My key fobs are a a belt clip that has a screw lock.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 10:49:14 PM »

I think your Bike is smarter than you give it credit. It may not be able to tell you exactly where or when you lost your key and fob, but with the help of replacement cost it should teach you to take better care of them.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »

I like it! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Do it now!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.