Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best programmer with V&H  (Read 1850 times)

webbug

Best programmer with V&H
« on: January 03, 2016, 06:34:18 AM »

Based on your experience, what will be the best tuner to be used with V&H full 4.5 full system.

webbug

Re: Best programmer with V&H
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »

2016 CVO Street Glide

*58Vette

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond w/Crimson Tag Graphics
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:32:12 AM »

Several good tuners available.  I would recommend what your professional dyno tuner likes to use (TTS, SERT, PCV).

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 11:19:47 AM »

Based on your experience, what will be the best tuner to be used with V&H full 4.5 full system.

I guess we need to start by asking what you mean by "tuner".  Are you talking about one of the add-on boxes the various exhaust companies sell, or are you talking about a real tuning system that loads new calibrations (maps) to your ECM?  Personally, I'm not a big fan of any of the add-on box gizmo's on the market.  With a bike that has the closed loop capabilities of a late model Harley, it's a waste of technology to resort to those boxes.  IMHO it would be a much better solution to go with one of the flash tuning systems, such as the MasterTune TTS, the Power Vision, the SEPST from Harley if you prefer Harley stuff, etc..  As noted above, if you plan on a dyno tune then the best approach is to first find a fully qualified tuner (person) with a great reputation, then ask him what system he prefers to tune with.  Some specialize with one or two systems, while others will use whatever you prefer.  It's best to find that out before you buy system X and then find that no tuner within a reasonable distance works with system X, but rather system Y.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »

While a true dyno tune by a reputable tuner is best....I have had good luck with the Power Vision and tunes from Fuelmoto.  Life time map support and great customer service.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 08:57:48 PM »

As noted above, if you plan on a dyno tune then the best approach is to first find a fully qualified tuner (person) with a great reputation, then ask him what system he prefers to tune with.
JMHO - Jerry
The person doing the tune is the most important factor.  Tell us where you are located, and ask for recommendations for a great person to do the tune.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:13:29 PM »

Chose the person you want to do the tune and use the tuner he prefers.
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.