Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel & air managment systems  (Read 2279 times)

Rdracer40

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

Fuel & air managment systems
« on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:26 PM »

Hello all,
  I just ordered Vance & Hines true duals with monster square mufflers.
  I'm looking at tunier systems for the CVO.
I have had a few bikes back in the day. but this is my first Harley and would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Has anyone used one of the following 3 tuners (likes or dislikes)?
1.) Cobra Fi2000r powrpro
2.) power commander
3.) fuelpak   
  Thank you in advance
Jimmy

Jimmy
2014 Blu CVO
2000 custom R1
1990 custom Fzr400

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
Re: Fuel & air managment systems
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »

Had a PowrPro on a Vulcan, and can't say I "hated it", but I couldn't really tell a difference.

I have a Fuelpak LCD and have called VH about 4 times trying different settings. It did make decel pop go away but don't care for how the bike starts or runs with it. I have however heard good things about the FP3, but no first hand experience with it or Power Commander. In two weeks I'm ditching the Fuelpak and High Outputs and going with Powervision/Crushers. Using what's been recommended on this site has not steered me wrong yet.

A particular reason you're going with true duals?
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

Rdracer40

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »

Hi Scott,
First thank you for you input.
  I got a great deal on the true duals & mufflers. But from what I'm reading it may not have been such a great deal after all.... Lmao!
 When you switch please let me know how you like the crushers with the  powervision.
   Thanks
Jimmy
Jimmy
2014 Blu CVO
2000 custom R1
1990 custom Fzr400

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
    • IN

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »

No problem! Very excited about the Crushers, great reviews on here and the guy tuning it recommended them above anything. Got the slipstream with black tips on sale for 369.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »

Rdracer40, do yourself a favor and avoid those piggyback add-on box devices sold by various exhaust companies, and look instead at full featured flash tuning systems such as TTS MasterTune, Power Vision, Harley SEPST, etc.  A good suggestion for anyone, whether they are just doing Stage I mods or installing a bunch of performance parts, would be to research and find a good full time dyno tuner and discuss systems with him before spending money on any devices.  There is probably more information about tuning and devices/systems on this site than you could read in a week, but I recommend you try the search feature and get an idea of what others are doing.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »

Rdracer40, do yourself a favor and avoid those piggyback add-on box devices sold by various exhaust companies, and look instead at full featured flash tuning systems such as TTS MasterTune, Power Vision, Harley SEPST, etc.  A good suggestion for anyone, whether they are just doing Stage I mods or installing a bunch of performance parts, would be to research and find a good full time dyno tuner and discuss systems with him before spending money on any devices.  There is probably more information about tuning and devices/systems on this site than you could read in a week, but I recommend you try the search feature and get an idea of what others are doing.

Jerry

You mean advice I should have taken before buying the Fuelpak? :)
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 02:37:12 AM »

Nothing wrong with the FP3 Fuelpak, I love mine ... good bang for the buck and made a night/day difference from stock. It is a flash tuner unlike the the piggyback ones used on the older bikes ... easy to use and works very well and has a bunch of features you can tweak if you know how. Chances are you'll be happy with their canned map for whatever exhaust combo you have. Just plug it in, download the FP3 app to your phone then download a map to your bike and enjoy ... real simple to use. You can also fine tune it with the autotune if you feel the need, but I never found it necessary ... some guys use that only if there exhaust combo differs slightly from the V&H map. I love the FP3 because I didn't have to inconvenience myself riding across the country to spend more money to watch a competent "tuner" beat the piss outta my bike on a dyno for hours for the perfect tune ... V&H already did that for me with somebody else's bike.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »

Jerry
:2vrolijk_20:

Nothing wrong with the FP3 Fuelpak, I love mine ... good bang for the buck and made a night/day difference from stock. It is a flash tuner unlike the the piggyback ones used on the older bikes ... easy to use and works very well and has a bunch of features you can tweak if you know how. Chances are you'll be happy with their canned map for whatever exhaust combo you have. Just plug it in, download the FP3 app to your phone then download a map to your bike and enjoy ... real simple to use. You can also fine tune it with the autotune if you feel the need, but I never found it necessary ... some guys use that only if there exhaust combo differs slightly from the V&H map. I love the FP3 because I didn't have to inconvenience myself riding across the country to spend more money to watch a competent "tuner" beat the piss outta my bike on a dyno for hours for the perfect tune ... V&H already did that for me with somebody else's bike.
:wall:

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.