Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Wiring Aquatics AV Sereo on 2011 CVO ultra Road Glide  (Read 1347 times)

ccallahan

Help Wiring Aquatics AV Sereo on 2011 CVO ultra Road Glide
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »

So I bought this Stereo without realizing that there's no 35 pin connector port.
Now my rear Speakers won't work.  Any ideas?
I know the Rear CVO Amp Splits the signal from the front out puts to provide signal to the rears but is there anyway to do that without running new wires to the back with my new deck?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Help Wiring Aquatics AV Sereo on 2011 CVO ultra Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »

Sorry but you don't have an easy path to where you want to go.  When those radios were first released a couple of threads here discussed them.  Pics of the back immediately showed they weren't going to be replacement radios for the CVO bikes or any other bike that wanted to use any accessory system that required the extra connector.  The factory ancillary hardware is made to work as a system through that connection.

Have also read in a couple of places in the last six weeks or so that this radio has been discontinued.  Perhaps because they didn't recognize the requirements of the system they were installing to?  For whatever reason it seems to have become a product with a relatively short sales life.

Sorry but I don't have a solution for you.  Short of using aftermarket amps and other hardware to handle the distribution for you there's just not a good way for you to get home.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Help Wiring Aquatics AV Sereo on 2011 CVO ultra Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »

I had the same radio in my 12 cvosg. . I had no problem with it using an Arc Audio 500 watt amp.  It wasa 4 channel. . It worked fine for me. .  I think that is what you will have to do if you want rear speakers with that radio.  I was running 8. . 4in the fairing. . 2in the lowers.  2 in the bags.  I was really happy with it. . You can get get with Pete at Soundz customz. . If you go with what I did.  He can make harnesses so it would be all plug n play. . Stuart

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.