Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Transport companies  (Read 1065 times)

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

Transport companies
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »

Greeting all,

Looking for some input...I'm moving from MD to Las Vegas in the next couple of months.  I'm looking for a "Flat Rate" transport company, that's also very reputable.  So far, I've been getting vendors who will bid on your behalf. 

Do you know of any vendors does will do a transport with a flat rate...with no bidding?

Thanks

S

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Transport companies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 04:55:11 PM »

Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping  http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/ is known for being very careful, taking good care of bikes.  I used them, no problems.

See this thread for more  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=104014.0;all.  The reply for "haulbikes.com" has the name spelled wrong.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:58:22 PM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »

Are you looking for somebody to move your furniture and belongings or to move your motorcycle?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:08:13 PM »

Some may say I'm a fool for doing it this way, but when we relocated from CT to TN last fall I used one company, ATLAS VAN LINES to move everything for one firm price. They charged for the weight of the entire load by the pound. The load included all our furniture, household belongings, lawn mower, ect AND the bikes - everything you take with you when you empty the house. Just make sure the local agent for them has a good reputation by checking reviews and asking people who have used them because the ATLAS agents are independently owned and operated and therefore are not all created equal...

The truck driver (who was also an independent contractor working under contract to the ATLAS agent) and I worked together quite well when loading the 3 bikes ensuring we were both satisfied that everything was secure -  I did have an issue with the moving companies dispatcher and a few items were temporarily misplaced.... >:( .. a long story for another time and place....  But the important thing is all three bikes got here without any problems. And in the end everything we packed and inventoried found it's way here.

FWIW they were the only moving company I could find that would transport everything in one truck and not subcontract out the vehicle transport for an additional (and astronomically high) cost.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 02:00:23 PM »

Thanks everyone for your input.  I found a company called Federal Motorcycle Company.  Great reviews and 1 flat rate.

Now I need to my car and house items.  Any Vegas peeps out there?

S

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.