Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Screamin' Eagle High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers #64800022  (Read 9748 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE

I've put this system on my bike and it's running really hot. Can the catalytic coverter be remove when you remove the baffles? Dealer said I didn't need to re tune as it had been done to stage one already. Would ceramic exhaust coating be better to reduce heat? :nervous:
I'm pretty sure the cat is in the headpipe (not the mufflers)... bike in it's stock configuration will run lean (hot)... a proper tune along w/a free flowing exhaust (minus cat) will probably cure a lot of your heat issues.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE

Is the laws strict down under regarding smog, pollution and inspection of motorcycles?

Every consider Fullsac X-pipe and selling your HD pipe?

That's a lot of coin to modify.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

snowrider13

• Full CVO Member

Can't understand why you would buy a "catted" system then pull them out? Interresting to see what will happen to your low end power with them very large primary pipes. My guess is lots of noise...poor torque curve. Running a DX headpipe with Super Traps might work.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens

I've put this system on my bike and it's running really hot. Can the catalytic coverter be remove when you remove the baffles? Dealer said I didn't need to re tune as it had been done to stage one already. Would ceramic exhaust coating be better to reduce heat? :nervous:
Since the cat(s) are no longer next to your right boot .....but relocated back in the muffler inlet area (see attached pic) ..........curious to know how you're experiencing that it's "running really hot"? In any event, a proper tuning should take care of the heat. After installing this system on my 2015 SERG and tuning with a Dynojet PV-2, I experienced a significant power increase, better sound and major reduced heat!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens

......the nightstick is made by them for Harley. The nightstick is the same as the Supertrapp :-\ :'( MegaShots just with cats added. There answer was remove the catalytic converter from the header pipe I told them it was in the mufflers not the header. IMHO removing the cat's might be counter-productive because removing that restriction might result in a loss of low end torque and possibly make your bike too noisy. They've designed around the catalytic converter restriction problem by increasing the muffler inlet (and header pipe exit) diameter to 2.25" ......but that also means you're limited to using only these mufflers with that header ???![/b

........They then told me to contact Harley dealer no help there. Harley's interest here is to provide better sound/performance but remain 50 State Legal (for USA) ......so they certainly won't offer any advice relating to removing the cat ;)!

........... I think I may see a good dyno tuner before I do anything to the exhaust. :'( Smart move! That should also solve your heat complaint which is likely related to the motor running too lean. I'm quite pleased with the tenability of this system. In my current setup I'm running 12 discs on each muffler and a decorative closed end cap (the open power cone end cap was a bit too noisy for touring). Good luck!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.