Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cook's Corner, Hell's Kitchen and Old Town Temecula  (Read 4678 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Cook's Corner, Hell's Kitchen and Old Town Temecula
« on: April 03, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »

Miguel and I headed north on I-5.  Pretty easy going until we got up near LA then it was bumper to bumper five lanes wide and a lot of lane splitting.  Finally made our way to Cook's Corner and it was insanely crowded.  Some kind of fund raiser, two bands and free so it was defineatly busy.....probably a couple hundred bikes.  They even had parking attendants.   We stayed long enough to get our lunch and we rolled on over to Ortega Hwy. and up to Hell's Kitchen.

Hell's Kitchen always has bikes and while there were a lot of people there today, there weren't near as many as at Cook's Corner.  No live bands, either.

A young lady walked up and asked if I was the one that rode the orange CVO in.  I replied affirmatively and she informed me that they have the same bike, same color and it was on the other side of the building.  We talked for quite awhile, took pictures and then they decided to ride on over to Old Town Temecula with us.

**EDIT**  I forgot to mention....as Miguel and I headed back on the other side of Hell's Kitchen where our bikes were parked there was another 2013 CVO Ultra Classic (same year, same model) but it was Typhoon Maroon/Black Diamond/Burgundy Blaze......it was parked right next to mine and Miguel's bikes.  Actually put the CVOHarley.com business card on several CVOs at both Cook's Corner and Hell's Kitchen.....even at the Wine & Beer Patio at Old Town Temecula were a couple.  Spreading the word.  :2vrolijk_21:

A brief stop at one of the overlooks on the ride down the mountain produced these views.....a view of Lake Elsanore down below.  Couldn't tell from here if Lou and Terrie were home, down below.  Since we were riding with others, we didn't stop to say "hey".

We all finally arrived in Old Town Temecula and went to the Wine & Beer Garden where they also had a live band playing.  Once again, it was double vision....

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:22:07 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: Cook's Corner, Hell's Kitchen and Old Town Temecula
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »

Great photos and story JCZ!  Co-incidentally my wife and I will be in the Temecula area the week of April 21 - 26 to look for a condo.  She want's to have a place to stay for extended periods of time.  Both of our kids live in CA.  One in San Diego and on in Venice Beach.  We live near Pittsburgh, PA.  I'm not sure I really want to live there but it's refreshing to see there are some active Harley riders in the area.  Maybe that could change my mind.  Is there a Harley dealer in the Temecula area that I can visit while there?
Do it now!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:24 PM »

Pretty cool, JC.  Nice people and nice scenery!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:38:07 PM »

Great photos and story JCZ!  Co-incidentally my wife and I will be in the Temecula area the week of April 21 - 26 to look for a condo.  She want's to have a place to stay for extended periods of time.  Both of our kids live in CA.  One in San Diego and on in Venice Beach.  We live near Pittsburgh, PA.  I'm not sure I really want to live there but it's refreshing to see there are some active Harley riders in the area.  Maybe that could change my mind.  Is there a Harley dealer in the Temecula area that I can visit while there?

We'll be at the MITM (Meet In The Middle.....where Nor Cal and So Cal meet in the middle) that weekend.   Oh yes, Quaid Temecula Harley Davidson (very near Old Town....make sure you at least pass through Old Town).  I'm from Nor Cal where we have all four seasons.  But down here (Temecula is 45 miles north of San Diego) in San Diego you ride year around in a t-shirt.  That tends to make it a bit more tolerable than up at home.     :nixweiss:   See this thread.. (and some of my other ride reports from this area in the past year and a half) and note the months that some of them were taken are winter months......    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=96138.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »

We'll be at the MITM (Meet In The Middle.....where Nor Cal and So Cal meet in the middle) that weekend.   Oh yes, Quaid Temecula Harley Davidson (very near Old Town....make sure you at least pass through Old Town).  I'm from Nor Cal where we have all four seasons.  But down here (Temecula is 45 miles north of San Diego) in San Diego you ride year around in a t-shirt.  That tends to make it a bit more tolerable than up at home.     :nixweiss:   See this thread.. (and some of my other ride reports from this area in the past year and a half) and note the months that some of them were taken are winter months......    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=96138.0

I can relate to the seasons here in PA.  We are just coming into spring and finally getting some good riding weather.  I'm retired and do about 8 to 10K miles/year but so far have only been out twice this spring.  Won't be long though.  Thanks for the tips and I'll check your other posts.
Do it now!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 11:32:35 PM »

If you move to Temecula you might "plan" on only riding 10k a year......and you'll be surprised at the end of the year when you find you've put 15k on the clock. Not something we plan....it just kind of goes with the territory.   :P

West Coast GTG   

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 05:50:29 AM »

Looks Great Brother !!!
DND

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 12:33:33 PM »

Wow!  15K!  What a treat that would be.
Do it now!

FBP

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »

It was great meeting both of you!!!!  Had a wonderful time and a nice ride!  80 degrees is always good riding weather.

Fred and Bridget

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »

Fred, you have a PM (private message).  Click on where it says "My Messages"

West Coast GTG   

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 06:42:21 PM »

FYI- Quaid in Temecula sold, New owners, New name - Temecula Harley Davidson

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:51 PM »

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »

Thanks, got it and will check it out.

:2vrolijk_21:

FYI- Quaid in Temecula sold, New owners, New name - Temecula Harley Davidson
Do it now!

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.