Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Front Hogtunes installation  (Read 716 times)

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
Front Hogtunes installation
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:44:13 AM »

I decided to try to install the front Hogtunes speakers in my 2015 Limited. It's not as simple as I thought it would be. It's almost impossible to reach some of the side screws to remove the speaker pods. Does anyone have any tricks as to how to do this ?  Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

salikeitis

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Re: Front Hogtunes installation
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:01:04 AM »

Hi .. not sure exactly what side screws your referring to but when I did my radio over on my 2011 street glide.. I got an extension from Harbor freight that you can bend.  I also picked up a drill extension that the head was at 90 deg from the shaft which also bent. The shaft is about 1/4 on one and the other is about 3/8 thick.  I am not at home now but if you think this may work let me know and I will take pictures of both for you.

Josh

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
Re: Front Hogtunes installation
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »

Hi .. not sure exactly what side screws your referring to but when I did my radio over on my 2011 street glide.. I got an extension from Harbor freight that you can bend.  I also picked up a drill extension that the head was at 90 deg from the shaft which also bent. The shaft is about 1/4 on one and the other is about 3/8 thick.  I am not at home now but if you think this may work let me know and I will take pictures of both for you.

Josh
Thanks Josh but I believe the 2104 and up is different as the speakers are in plastic pods which need to be removed. That is where the difficulty lies. These bolts are almost impossible to get at. Thanks you for your advice. I think I will just get a pro to do it as now I am thinking of adding an amp also.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.