Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pedestrian collision  (Read 3451 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Pedestrian collision
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »

It was a great day today the temp. was warm and sunny. So the wife came out with me.
We're in two lane traffic that had stopped in the right lane that was backed up from a red light, so I was coming along the left lane (inside to curb) I wasn't going fast at all slower then normal because of the wife on the back,..good thing too.
I was coming up to a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing just as I got to it a guy on the curb was waiting for the light to change but then decided not to wait he looked to his lift and stepped bang out in front of me. I hit the brake and stopped as he walked into the left of the front wheel and flopped over the bat wing knocking the mirror out of adjustment The wheel went hard to the right and I don't know how I saved it from going over.
The wife let out a scream her helmet crashed into the back of mine/
The guy looked at me cursed me shook his head and carried on his way,..like it was my fault.
Good for me and more for him I wasn't going any faster it would have been a hole different story       

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
Re: Pedestrian collision
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »

Yikes - that could have gotten nasty... What did your spouse have to say about riding when you got home? LOL - Thankful for a 'happy ending'...

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

Lucky nothing serious came from this.  Amazing how people can react. I was good not to push it and go on your merry way. What did your wife say about this later.  My wife hates it when her helmet hits mine. Usually it is because I stop to quickly. 

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »

Lucky nothing serious came from this.  Amazing how people can react. I was good not to push it and go on your merry way. What did your wife say about this later.  My wife hates it when her helmet hits mine. Usually it is because I stop to quickly. 

Yikes - that could have gotten nasty... What did your spouse have to say about riding when you got home? LOL - Thankful for a 'happy ending'...

She didn't see the it coming into play just the after math. I told her what he did. She asked did we have the green light? I told her yes that he didn't look our way at all just stepped out.
Then she called him in a not so lady like manner a@@ so and so on nob

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »

That could have been much worse.  People just do not look whether walking, riding or driving.  Tell Twyla that she is spot on with her comments on the pedestrian..... ;D

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 05:02:57 PM »

Thank goodness it was a slow speed. Glad you and your wife are Ok.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »

I'm glad it turned out well for you and your wife.  It could have gone so much worse, as some folks will do things like that on purpose and then threaten to sue to make some money.  It happens every day out there somewhere. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:10:36 PM by RGlideKid »
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »

I'm glad it turned out well for you and your wife.  It could have gone so much worse, as some folks will do things like that on person and then threaten to sue to make some money.  It happens every day out there somewhere.

Isn't that the truth. Thanks RGlide :2vrolijk_21:

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »

I second that comment!  Here in the big ATL I think so many people just don't care and expect everyone else to allow them to do whatever they want!  It is like if I don't look I can't be blamed. I don't follow that thinking which may explain why we have "words" from time to time!

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 11:38:15 PM »

I was coming down a center turn lane one day in my truck in a not so good part of Nashville.  Had a pedestrian run from a beer joint parking lot between the cars stopped next to me and run right into the side fender of my truck.  He never saw me and shocked him so bad he fell to the ground.  I could just imagine some of his buddies coming out of the joint and blaming me for it or worse.  I was expecting a major police report if he was hurt but he got up and ran off.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

harley2001

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 08:03:35 AM »

People can be pretty stupid.

BASTOS

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 04:06:25 PM »

If my wife's helmet hits mine, she fell asleep again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 FLHTKSE
2011 FLHTK
2006 V-Max
1986 FJ1200
1986 FJ1200
1986 1000R Ninja
1983 Maxim
1974 400F SS

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 27 queries.