Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arlington Cemetery Wreaths  (Read 966 times)

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Arlington Cemetery Wreaths
« on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »

Not sure if charity solicitation is OK on here so ADMIN please let me know -- every year Arlington Cemetery relies on donations to make sure every honored resting place has a wreath at Christmas. Last year we fell way short but for some last minute news assistance.  This year we are ready NOW to start accepting donations per the link below - only $15 per wreath - GIVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN and PLEASE CONSIDER sharing this link with your friends. I belong to TEAM BEAR and you will see a button to donate via TEAM BEAR.  GRATEFUL for your considerations. Respects, Jim

https://wreaths.fastport.com/donateLocation.html?page=18815

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Arlington Cemetery Wreaths
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »

I was curious about the wreaths since I remembered the 2005 email going around about them being donated but this link explains the formation and involvement of Wreaths Across America :

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/wreaths.asp

Wish you lot's of support in your efforts.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:35 PM »

I have helped with Wreaths across America the last several years, To my knowledge every grave had a wreath. In Sarasota they have such a large outpouring of help and donations that I can not imagine other cemetaries being short. But if they are I will be glad to help, but to Wreaths Across America.
Don't have time to investigate tonight but I will tomorrow.

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:47:07 AM »

Thnx Don - last year Arlington was short until the Team Bear Lead was on Fox News - her name is Bre Kingsbury.  After her appearance the awareness and donations went way up -- the only honored sites to NOT receive a wreath are those affiliated with a religion that does not recognize Christmas.  Feel free to PM me with any needs you have for validation of my bona fides.  Respects, Jim
I have helped with Wreaths across America the last several years, To my knowledge every grave had a wreath. In Sarasota they have such a large outpouring of help and donations that I can not imagine other cemetaries being short. But if they are I will be glad to help, but to Wreaths Across America.
Don't have time to investigate tonight but I will tomorrow.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.