Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Backfire on Decel  (Read 894 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Backfire on Decel
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »

I don't know if this is in the correct place to ask but I have a 06 103 CVO Ultra. I've had it since new and never had a problem.
I've had D&D 2 into 1 with a mild tune since day one. My problem is I've got what I call severe poping on deceleration. One guy tells
me it's an intake leak, another thinks it may be the exhaust seals? The bike has always run great, including mileage. Any good ideas
before I take it back to the dealer, for them to give it the once over?.

Tazmun
The "TAZMUN"

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
Re: Backfire on Decel
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:47:13 AM »

If the noticeable decel pop is recent, then I would check the exhaust flange nuts and the muffler clamp for proper torque first. If all that is OK, and there is no evidence of an exhaust leak anywhere, then intake seals are next, just because they are rubber and will deteriorate over time. Loose air cleaner backing plate screws can aggravate this condition. ( as will a bad TP sensor, but you say the bike runs fine, so that's not a likely culprit)
If the decel pop has been there since day one, the tuner needs to tweak the left side of the tables.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Backfire on Decel
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:42:23 PM »

If the noticeable decel pop is recent
That's the key question.  It it's recent, then probably intake or exhaust.  If it's always been that way, then it could be intake, exhaust, or tune.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 25 queries.