Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battery Died During Shipping. HELP!!!  (Read 1194 times)

Rennspd

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

Battery Died During Shipping. HELP!!!
« on: June 29, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »

Hi guys. It took two months for the bike to be shipped from Houston (where I bought it) to Kentucky (where I live). They didn't disconnect the battery for shipping and the alarm system on the '16 CVO Street Glide apparently ran the battery down to where it had to be replaced.
The issue is, now the tpms sensor light won't go out and the navigation map won't display. I'm new to Harley so I don't really know where to start.
When the bike goes dead from a battery being replaced, do various things need to be reset? If so, how do I learn how to do it? I've searched here and on the Internet and I'm not coming up with anything that applies.

Thanks guys!!!

Evan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 08:48:03 AM by Rennspd »

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: Battery Died During Shipping. HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:10:15 AM »

Did a local dealer installthe new battery?
I would call the selling dealer to let them know what happened and see what procedure there may be to reset the affected systems.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 10:22:24 AM »

2 months to Kentucky from Texas were they pushing it? 

Had to say that but really hope you get it fixed you have a beautiful state to ride in.  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:02:37 PM »

It sounds like they didn't put the security system in transport mode OR leave the key fob with the bike to keep the security system disarmed.  If this was a transport company that claimed to be competent and experienced movers of motorcycles, they obviously lied.

People have removed batteries without disarming the security system first many times, and probably will continue to do so until Harley puts a big warning label at the battery location reminding everyone they can't disconnect the battery before disarming the security system.  I've not seen any of them mention having the electrical failures you mentioned in your post.  As Chains mentioned, this sounds like something you need to consult a dealership about if you don't find anything obvious like blown fuses.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:56:38 PM »

I think you should have discussed the tow mode for alarm with the tow company. It was clearly explained in your owners manual. Which I am sure you read before riding the bike? Just kidding, but in this case the tow company is doing there part if they properly secure and transport the vehicle, if you have an alarm or similar it is YOUR responsibility to provide this info. I bet if you check, nothing in your written and signed tow contract mentioned the alarm. Not sure why you can't just put a Good Battery Tender on the battery and bring it back. But now you need to pay dealer an hour to diag your problem.

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.