Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Air Filter  (Read 974 times)

CVOSTEVE

• Ride Safe - Have Fun
SE Air Filter
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »

Just picked up SE air cleaner from local dealer for my FLHTCUSE2 110'' Part #29773-02B. Got home and checked receipt and it's described as 1450 stage 1 efi kit. Is this the right part? It also says on the box 'does not fit 06 FLHTCUSE'. Any comments appreciated before I open the box. I'm running V&H turndown mufflers & Fuelpak.
Keep the rubber down and the shiny side up

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: SE Air Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:47:44 PM »

Your going to need a SE Air Cleaner Setup.  It does not work with the stock backplate.

I would recommend the roll your own with chrome backplate .. return the harley POS and buy a K&N 800 or buy a Ness Big Sucker whole kit or the Dougherty Power Pack.   But whatever you decide stay away from the harley Air cleaners.

The reasons are air flow, the rubber breaks down around the outsides of it and they crumble and fall apart.   Easier to just spend a couple of more dollars and get one you can clean and reuse over and over again.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »

Ditto on that , the older model SE filters were much better , when they went with the blue ringed ones the quality dropped.  Ness uses K&N elements , so either way stick with K&N.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Panther

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:35 PM »

Hey nidan....how long you been in Buford?  I live in Dallas now, but grew up in Buford in 60's and 70's.  Lived on Harris street over behind the old high school.

CVOSTEVE

• Ride Safe - Have Fun
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 12:59:31 PM »

Well this is the state of play in the UK. The bike went in to have it's 1000 mile service and you're all quite right 'The SE Cleaner does not fit'. The answer from the Dealer is to wait for them to bring one out that does. I ain't waiting!!! If I buy the  Ness Big Sucker will I need anything else - back plate perhaps? I've had the stock filter off for a look - what happens to the attached wires? Any help would be much appreciated
Keep the rubber down and the shiny side up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.