Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tragedy in Arizona  (Read 1182 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Tragedy in Arizona
« on: July 24, 2016, 09:42:41 PM »

We learned Friday, that my niece's 12 yr old stepson was hiking in 110 degree heat, collapsed and was life flighted to Children's hospital where he passed away in the emergency room. 

The boy was going out for football this fall and his mother's new boyfriend thought he needed to get into shape.  The details are a little sketchy on why the boyfriend didn't carry the boy to safety.  It appears that he left the boy on the mountain in the direct heat for over an hour and a half before the rescue paramedics arrived.  The boyfriend is 30, ex marine and 6'4".  The little boy had cuts and brusies all over his body.  The death is under investigagion by the violent death detectives of the Phoenix police department.  The boy made a call to his father a little after 3 with only mumbling and footsteps recorded.  The boyfriend said that there was no cell service on the mountain.

This was a really good kid and had been to our house on many occassions for family dinners.  Very smart, kind and was so excited about "Boy Scouts" that he joined about a year ago.

The boy's father (my niece's husband) is a great guy.  Former college football player, biker and has the type of personality that people like to be around.  I feel so sorry for him and his family.  The whole family worries about him taking matters in his own hands.  This is a tragic situation that this family could use everyone's support.  Below is a couple of facebook links, please share these with all your contacts:

https://www.gofundme.com/2g68wgc

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/32517802/family-mourns-12-year-old-who-died-while-hiking

Thanks,

CowboyBagger
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Tragedy in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:52:25 PM »

horrible story! I grew up in AZ and unfortunately saw this happen multiple times growing up. Obviously don't know the whole story but any adult putting a 12 yr old kid in that situation living there is literarily felony incompetent.
My thoughts and prayers (as well as a small donation) go out to you and your family.
Alan

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:20:14 PM »

Thanks Alan,

I'm heading over right now to take the father on a drive to get his mind off this at least for a little while.

The news people are beating their door down.  Some are respectful, most are not.

He's going from sobbing to violent outbursts of rage.  I can't very well blame him.  Hopefully we can keep him from doing anything stupid that would ruin his life and his family.

CowboyBagger

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »

Very tragic and should never have happened.  Can't imagine the horror of it all.

Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your extended family during these most difficult days ahead.

All the very best,
Mike
(Grizzly)
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 01:07:15 AM »

We are in the process of contacting a local "Water Bottling Company" in the Phoenix area. Our idea is to have them make a sizeable run with a label for Cody. The Boy Scout troop he was in, will be marketing these and use the proceeds to make a memorial for Cody at their camp. If anyone here knows of a local company that could do this for us, that would be great to know.

Thanks to all supporters and thanks for all the kind sympathy. I told Cody's dad about this thread and he also says "Thanks".

CowboyBagger

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.