Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for some insight regarding 2016 CVO Limited  (Read 796 times)

Blacksmith1247

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Looking for some insight regarding 2016 CVO Limited
« on: August 16, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »

Let me start by saying I'm glad I found this forum. I bought the bike new and had the dealer install pipes( magna flow pro headers and magna flow top gun 4.5" mufflers) also seprt. Dyno numbers are 88 hp 107 tq.
I thought the numbers were low, so I had another dealer verify the tune while they performed the 1k check up. They claim it's a good tune. They said the exhaust was too free flowing and recommended I  put a larger throttle body and injectors on.
I am aware that a 2-2 exhaust (true duals) with no cross over is not ideal. I really like it. Bike runs pretty strong with maybe only a slight stumble off idle.

Am I wrong to think the numbers should have been better on a 110, and any thoughts on the dealer thinking about it needing a larger tb and injectors?

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: Looking for some insight regarding 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »

Sounds about right with your setup. You're going to struggle to get a big jump in performance with those true duals. You can get a serious jump in power with a 58mm TB, larger injectors, a good tune and swap those true duals for a 2:1 pipe. Add a ghost pipe if you want the look of true duals. You'll be over 110hp and over 120tq. with your CVO. Get some quality head work done and you'll be closer to 125/125. Don't waste your $ on the larger TB and injectors if you plan on sticking with the true duals.

Blacksmith1247

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Looking for some insight regarding 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:15:58 PM »

Thanks Heatwave....... Ugggggg I really like those pipes bud. But those numbers look good also. Lol

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.