Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: Greetings from Southern California  (Read 838 times)

JasonCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: Greetings from Southern California
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:24:42 AM »

Hi again everyone,

Thanks again for the nice welcome. I will definitely check out the events section for get-togethers.

So about my backrest - I got it on. I watched some YouTube videos to get a primer and then went for it. I removed the seat and cleaned underneath it. Was pretty dirty. So the spring for the backrest mounting posts was in one of the saddlebags. I would never have known I needed on without the YouTube videos. I got the backrest mounted in the middle setting and it works well enough. Makes my back feel better. I've got 400 miles or so on her now. The dealer said to ride 500 to break in the motor. Will be 500 pretty quick here. It needs a buff and a wax. Because it sat for so long it's got touched a lot by the public and can use a good detail just to shine it up before I really put some miles on it.

One question I have is - when you guys wash yours do you try not to get the Radio/Navi or speakers wet? are they waterproof? What are your bike wash routines? My old bike had none of these concerns.

Jason

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »

It all gets wet when you  ride in the rain.  I just try not to spray water under pressure directly onto the speakers for any length of time but more just a quick splash over, kind of waving the hose back and forth.

AJ at Black Diamond Motorcycle Detail will detail that bike way beyond your imagination....   AJ (619) 805-7420.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JasonCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »

Thanks for the tip on the detailing JCZ.

Jason

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 25 queries.