Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Front Wheel  (Read 1452 times)

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
New Front Wheel
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »

We have a 2015 CVO Limited and since new I've always had the front tire go low sometimes as much as 10 pounds per week, the dealer couldn't find anything on the first visit so they put a new tire on it, then on the next few visits again they replaced the front tire and valve stem this Slowdown the leak a little bit but still had to add every week close to 10 pounds of air, last time that I stopped out to the dealer do to windshield fracturing, I also letting them know I had to add 10 pounds to the tire before I could ride out they ordered in a new rim. So now with the new rim and valve stem,  it's a wait-and-see situation on whether it's still going to be leaking.
Anyone else have a simular problem with a tire that won't hold air?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:35:31 PM by Wingman »
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: New Front Wheel
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »

When you have two different tires, plus new valve stems, and the problem doesn't go away, it seems pretty obvious there is a different problem.  Changing out the wheel is very likely to finally fix your problem; it's just a shame they didn't do any real diagnosis the first or the second time, and just relied on guesswork.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »

When you have two different tires, plus new valve stems, and the problem doesn't go away, it seems pretty obvious there is a different problem.  Changing out the wheel is very likely to finally fix your problem; it's just a shame they didn't do any real diagnosis the first or the second time, and just relied on guesswork.

Jerry

A tub o' water is hardly a demanding diagnostic tool to master Jerry.  Of course they can't get a reading by plugging a USB cable in to a tub o' water.  So maybe the young pups really can't master it.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:10:04 PM »

It is a mistory. I have used the same soapy water all over the original tire. And only found the valve core was bent. Than raised the bike up and slid our tub we use under the tire, filled it than lowered the bike so the bead was under water. Never saw anything.
So I know I tried to find it.
2 different dealers, were not able to see any leak either, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
So I'm on the 3rd tire, counting OE, 3rd valve stem, 2nd rim.
 I will be checking air pressure next Wednesday, that will be 1 week.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »

It is a mistory. I have used the same soapy water all over the original tire. And only found the valve core was bent. Than raised the bike up and slid our tub we use under the tire, filled it than lowered the bike so the bead was under water. Never saw anything.
So I know I tried to find it.
2 different dealers, were not able to see any leak either, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
So I'm on the 3rd tire, counting OE, 3rd valve stem, 2nd rim.
 I will be checking air pressure next Wednesday, that will be 1 week.

Got any "friends" who like messing with you?  Maybe someone is sneaking into the garage and letting some air out. ;)

Seriously, I'll bet the rim will fix it.  The odds of getting three defective tires in a row are astronomical; same with valve stems.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:04:50 PM »

A tub o' water is hardly a demanding diagnostic tool to master Jerry.  Of course they can't get a reading by plugging a USB cable in to a tub o' water.  So maybe the young pups really can't master it.
They probably tried that first thing, but the results left them like this:   ???   :confused5:
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.