Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Race Tuner  (Read 1103 times)

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
SE Race Tuner
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »

With the recent prohibition on the sale of SE Race Tuners, any idea whether or not dealers will be permitted to tune our bikes using our previously purchased SE Race Tuners? Is this going to be a mandate from the MoCo or dealer-to-dealer decision?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SE Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 05:08:35 PM »

With the recent prohibition on the sale of SE Race Tuners, any idea whether or not dealers will be permitted to tune our bikes using our previously purchased SE Race Tuners? Is this going to be a mandate from the MoCo or dealer-to-dealer decision?

I've seen no indication from EPA one way or the other as to whether or not they will be monitoring dealerships, but I tend to doubt they will considering their budget restraints.  It will probably come down to whether or not any particular dealer wants to risk it.  It's been illegal all along, but no one was enforcing the law.  I guess the only way you will know the answer to your question is to ask the dealership.

Btw, unless you have a crackerjack dealership with a good full time tuner on staff, you would probably get a better tune if you just seek out a good independent.  Most of the really good guys aren't working for dealerships.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
Re: SE Race Tuner
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:24:21 AM »

Thanks!

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.