Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New Front Motor Mount SUCKS  (Read 9868 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New Front Motor Mount SUCKS
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 10:47:07 AM »

I have the entire True Trak setup they call Tracula which includes the Isohlator.  http://www.true-track.com/1_2006_016.htm

Unfortunately I did the Traxxion stuff at the same time.  I can tell you that my SEUC is on a rail and very grounded.

With the solid brass bushings and all the rest I notice a bit of vibration at idle, more shake than vibration and only at an idle, on the road it's great.

Did you have a wobble before, if so did you add a shim with the Isohlator? I just can't see how a 1/4" or less would change anything?

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »

Did you have a wobble before, if so did you add a shim with the Isohlator? I just can't see how a 1/4" or less would change anything?

I set it up when the bike was nearly new in the winter and never really ran much of a before and after.

There sure as heck isn't any wobble now, point and go.  It is really solid in the turns and over 100.

Unfortunately I can't give you an answer on the Isohlator shim making any difference, I do not have them with the Tracula set up, but I do have confidence in the True Trak guys and their products.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:10:35 AM by Rjob749 »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »

We will all be interested in hearing your report.  My Velva is a lot better than the stock 05 mount (and it wasn't broken).  If you still have the vib, take the Stabo's out next.  Anyone that can strip a bike down to the frame and back will figure it out.

The vibration is all gone and I'm going to have to point my finger at the Sta-Bos. I first put the stock motor mount back in and it was better, but there was still vibration in the floor boards.

I got home and pulled the Sta-Bos out and that made a big difference.

In looking at the Sta-Bos, what I can gather is that since they are clamped in so tightly by the swingarm brackets, everything back there just gets all bound up and can no longer dance up and down like it used to. It's all just locked down really tightly.

It's a shame because I really like the simple approach employed to stop the lateral movement, but to do this internally, you need something rigid in one direction yet free to move in the perpendicular plane. The Sta-Bos just can't accomplish this with as much compression load they are under.

So, will I go back and put the V-R urethane mount back in? I don't know. I don't have any reason to do it. I had it and tried it but don't have any complaints about the stock mount.

Can someone convince me to put it back in. It doesn't even get me anything in the "Bling" department because it's all hidden.

:indian_chief:

Godeater

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 ScreaminEagle Road Glide Blk/Sil
    • Radical Cycle
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 10:54:01 PM »

Well first off thanks for the links, I need to watch closer I got the name wrong from the other posts.  Answer to the other question, I think the newer ver are way to stiff.  My bike had 15,000 on it (up to 35,000now) and it was so smooth, so smooth.  Even after the mount got bad it was smooth, just looked like the motor was going to bounce right out of the frame.  I have maybe 3000 on the bike since putting in the new harley mount, and it hasnt mellowed out at all.  At idle seems like my baggs are going to shake off if it goes on much longer.  Its only on idle, fine off idle and cruising.  I ordered the Velva Ride part, cross my fingers and hope it helps.  I will post update.
2001 FLTRISE2 103 Stroker
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Crank
Screamin Eagle Forged Stroker Pistons 5 Over
Stock Jugs 5 Over
Polished and Ported Stock Heads
Manly Titanium Springs 640 Lift
Manly Stainless Valves
Screamin Eagle Cam Plate and High Flo Pump
S&S 585 Gear Drives
Horse Power Inc. 51mm Intake with Screamin Eagle 25 deg Injectors 62 psi Fuel Reg
Power Commander III USB
Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D Fatcat Stand Baffle
Baker OD6 speed
Lowered 2 inchs
Danny Grey Seat

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:09:01 PM »

I have had  the new style in now for 30 thousand mile now and it still sucks checked torque specks  realigned the moter did all you can do. this will last forever but your stuck with extra vibration. I used to have a velva ride that was great till it work out and on a trip I got what I got. I am thinking either a glide pro or an alloy arts goode ntight even an old stock would be so much better the harley product sucks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 12:01:01 AM »

I have had  the new style in now for 30 thousand mile now and it still sucks checked torque specks  realigned the moter did all you can do. this will last forever but your stuck with extra vibration. I used to have a velva ride that was great till it work out and on a trip I got what I got. I am thinking either a glide pro or an alloy arts goode ntight even an old stock would be so much better the harley product sucks.

This was an 8 year old thread.  Gent that asked the question was last on about three years ago. 

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »

So I made my decision. I chose the alloy arts gooden tire front motor mount . Major difference way smother at idle and freeway speeds. Never use the Harley mounts again.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

'Just saw this Thread for the first time, figured that I would Post for future reference...

'Have been through all the revisions of the Harley Front Motor Mount via ESP on the '05 SEEG, yes, all of them had much increased vibration below 2k RPM, they would soften up, a little less vibration after some miles, but still relatively harsh, smooth over 2k...   'installed the GlidePro (F&R) about 3 years 15k ago, Bike handles much better, and very much smoother :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

'Have had issues with the GlidePro on the '09 "new frame" and had good Customer Service (Warranty to "updated" components) from GP...

Absolutely No Issues with the GlidePro on the '05 "old frame" ... a definite improvement over the Harley stuff... Super smooth, Better all the way around :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.