Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hog Tunes GenIII  (Read 2098 times)

SEFast

• Speedy
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

• CVO1: 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO
Hog Tunes GenIII
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »

The stock FLTRUSE Boom speakers just do not sound that great.  Looking at upgrading and someone told me to take a look at HogTunes.    How kind of difference can I expect in the HogTunes GEN IIIs vs stock Boom?

V/r
Steve

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Hog Tunes GenIII
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 01:04:06 AM »

its all due respect to Hog Tunes, check out Custom Soundz. For similar money they will make a enormous difference. I just posted that I bought a new Street Glide this week and I am switching to Focals in front with Arc 600 series amp and Hybrid rears with Fosgate amp in saddlebags. Huge difference from stock for sure.
Alan

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:56:01 AM »

I have the Hogtunes and they are a huge improvement  from the stage 1 speakers that came on my CVO Limited. Not saying there isn't better out there but just saying they are a big improvement. I can now hear the music much better even at highway speeds.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:06:40 PM »

I have the Hogtunes and they are a huge improvement  from the stage 1 speakers that came on my CVO Limited. Not saying there isn't better out there but just saying they are a big improvement. I can now hear the music much better even at highway speeds.

This is an older thread but here's a question for ya, hdguy1.  You have had these Hogtunes speakers for almost 8 months now.  Good investment?  I'm looking at replacing the front and rears on Beauregard and can accomplish that for about $320 through Amazon.  I've researched all the options and for the price (unless they aren't what you thought) it's hard to beat them.  I'm not replacing the factory amp and wanted to stay with 2 ohm speakers (which limits the options).  I was looking at Rockford Fosgate but they are 4 ohm speakers.  I could go with BOOM II but the speaker kit alone is $370 for one pair and then you have to purchase the BOOM II Amp and get the radio flashed.  I'm not looking for Carnegie Hall level sound on the bike, just something better.  I did look at Custom Soundz but, again, I'm not wanting to spend $600 or more for 4 speakers (the cheapest offered by that company).

Thanks ahead of time for the reply....

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:20 PM »

This is an older thread but here's a question for ya, hdguy1.  You have had these Hogtunes speakers for almost 8 months now.  Good investment?  I'm looking at replacing the front and rears on Beauregard and can accomplish that for about $320 through Amazon.  I've researched all the options and for the price (unless they aren't what you thought) it's hard to beat them.  I'm not replacing the factory amp and wanted to stay with 2 ohm speakers (which limits the options).  I was looking at Rockford Fosgate but they are 4 ohm speakers.  I could go with BOOM II but the speaker kit alone is $370 for one pair and then you have to purchase the BOOM II Amp and get the radio flashed.  I'm not looking for Carnegie Hall level sound on the bike, just something better.  I did look at Custom Soundz but, again, I'm not wanting to spend $600 or more for 4 speakers (the cheapest offered by that company).

Thanks ahead of time for the reply....
I'm happy with the Hogtunes for sure. I didn't replace the amp or anything else. I like you didn't want to spend $600 either. I only really looked at Alpine, JM, and JBL. All in all I think I got good value for the money I spent. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »

I'm happy with the Hogtunes for sure. I didn't replace the amp or anything else. I like you didn't want to spend $600 either. I only really looked at Alpine, JM, and JBL. All in all I think I got good value for the money I spent. Hope this helps.

Good deal.  Thank ya, sir.

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 02:30:26 PM »

Good deal.  Thank ya, sir.
You're welcome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 12:03:19 PM »

Well, Hog Tunes Gen III speakers installed in the front, stock in the rear.  I'm getting a bit more bass and midrange from the front which is all I was after in the first place.  I can now crank up the bass a bit more on the entire system without the distortion I was getting from the stock BOOM I fronts.  I ended up with $159 out of pocket so for the change I received, I'm very happy.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »

Were you able to use the HD speaker grille with Bar & Shield with HT speakers ?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 25 queries.