Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Right front speaker isn't working, but it's not the speaker  (Read 1211 times)

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Right front speaker isn't working, but it's not the speaker
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:44:03 AM »

This is on a 14 CVO Limited, so I believe that it is the Boom I system.  I took the bike for a ride last weekend and noticed that the sound was a little different.  Listened a little closer and nothing coming from the right front speaker.  I just took it apart and put the speaker from the left rear on the right front.  Still nothing.  At least I know it isn't the speaker, but I think that just leaves the amp (bad news) or something isn't plugged in.  I had the bike in for servicing the day before I noticed it and it worked when I took it to the shop.  Maybe they unplugged something.  Any clues on any possible areas where it could be disconnected.  Everything from the speaker box to the harness is good.  Thanks.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Right front speaker isn't working, but it's not the speaker
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:03:37 PM »

That was the only repeat offense on my 15 RGCVO prior to the warranty going out. Same problem as you and they replaced the amp both times.

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:08:42 AM »

That was the only repeat offense on my 15 RGCVO prior to the warranty going out. Same problem as you and they replaced the amp both times.

I went through it all yesterday after I made this post.  Everything appears to be hooked up right.  I'm pretty sure it's the amp.  I had the same problem with one of my rear speakers on my 12 CVO SG.  My bike is now out of warranty.  I ordered a new amp yesterday and got an extended warranty on it in case it happens again like it did with you.  Thanks.

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »

It was the amp.  The new one arrived yesterday.  I installed it and all works well now.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.