Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passenger pegs  (Read 2447 times)

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2107 FLHTKSE
Passenger pegs
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:37 PM »

Does anybody know of a adjustable passenger foot peg that will work with the CVO passenger running boards?  I had them on my 13 Limited and wife really wants them back again.

larrywoolfork

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Passenger pegs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »

Call chip at in Portsmouth Harley Davidison it's nothing that he don't about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrayzor

• Full CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 2013 Anniversary CVO RG #379
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 04:20:56 AM »

I used the Rivco adjustable mounts. A little pricey, but ultimate adjustability and my long legged wife loves them. You can see from the pic how low they go and they can swing up almost 7" higher than that, go to the back or to the front for added comfort.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:24:59 AM by wrayzor »
2013 CVO Anniversary Road Glide #379

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:53:26 AM »

I have the adjustable harley mounts already on the bike. She wants the pegs in addition.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »

I put the kuriyakin adjustable pegs that go with the running boards, I got them from the H-D dealer
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:22:30 AM »

I put the kuriyakin adjustable pegs that go with the running boards, I got them from the H-D dealer

Do you have the adjustable running board mounts that come on the CVO's?  If so what Kuryakyn part number did you get?  If you remember

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »

I have been after these for a while but no one makes them for my 15 SERGU unless I changeout my rear floorboard for the stock model version which I do not want to do. I checked again this morning with no Joy.

There is a thread on here somewheres that tells how someone was able to modify some parts and got it to work. I am just waiting until they make one but dont hold much hope.

Depending on your model http://www.jpcycles.com/product/531-024?redirectedKeyword=531-024&totalResult=1 might fit otherwise you are in the same boat as me.

Cheers
Major Tom

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »

Man I just talked to JP Cycles and he said that they would fit. Kuryakyn!s site says they will not. Go figure.  Maybe have to check on them when I go to Daytona

davidwruth

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »

Ok I just called Kuryakyn and he said they do not have anything that will work with the adjustable floor board mounts. Just an FYI for anyone interested. Bummer!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

You need the mounts that came in the '14 CVO limited. Either Chuck or Boatman has them in their bike. There is a specific model of Kury ones that will work. There's another thread on here somewhere talking about it. It's too hard to try to link it from my phone or I'd look for it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

CAmike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 10:46:36 PM »

I put the Harley adjustable pegs on my 15 SERGU. I had to also change the adjustable floorboard mount that comes with the bike for a fixed floorboard mount. The BSR didn't need the floorboards adjusted but loves the adjustable pegs. I like the fact I can fold them down when going solo. This is the Harley part number 54157-10 for the adjustable pegs.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/adjustable-auxiliary-passenger-footpeg-mounts#tabs
I don't recall the part number for the floorboard mount.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »

David - I spoke to Kury by phone and in person at Daytona Biketoberfest, they do not have an adjustable passenger peg for 2017 CVO Limited.  Did not sound like they had anything in the works either, which seems od considering how many of these are out there on older models.

On my 2010 CVO Ultra I used Kury #4505 Chrome Adjustable passenger pegs.  Also come in black.  My wife really liked these and Kury had nothing that would fit the 2017 unless you swap out the CVO boards & mounts for regular Ultra mounts - Harley or Kury. More than I wanted to spend to just get back to what I had on my 2010, plus had kept the Kury boards from the 2010.  Decided to adapt these to fit the 2017.

Machined out the inside of the Kury clamshell to fit over the CVO mount. Friend has a milling machine, much better than a vise & a hand grinder. There was not enough "meat" inside that mount to get a flush fit. So far has worked ok & if the BSR is happy...you know the rest. The machining process was trial and thankfully, no error.  Took a measurement, machined away material, took another measurement after fitment to determine how much more to remove. 

Pic shows small gap in mount, final fitment.

There are other ways to get there, I did this because I already had the Kury parts & already had $200 invested.  Good luck on whatever you decide.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.