Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any ideas???  (Read 817 times)

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
Any ideas???
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »

So I thought I had a burnt rear signal light (2013 CVO R/K), bought one, replaced it and still no worky. Plugged old light in to right side, and old light actually still works. My front signal (also led) blinks, but really fast. Checked all my rear wiring that I can see, no breaks or shorts.

Any thoughts?

Pls & Thx

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

Glenncarp

Re: Any ideas???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »

So I thought I had a burnt rear signal light (2013 CVO R/K), bought one, replaced it and still no worky. Plugged old light in to right side, and old light actually still works. My front signal (also led) blinks, but really fast. Checked all my rear wiring that I can see, no breaks or shorts.

Any thoughts?

Pls & Thx

Paul

Did you install a load equalizer when you upgraded to LED (If you did upgrade)

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »

The rears are factory led, the signals were just pop in replacements, and the headlight and driving lights were wired in by the dealership. All were working since I got it, no idea how long the rear has been out for? I'm thinking possibly some wire in my headlight bucket maybe got tugged or rubbed through and now causing a short??

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »

More likely an open circuit.  Check for proper voltage at the connector for the rear t/signal assembly with the system energized.  If you don't have proper voltage, follow the wires upstream to the next connector and check for voltage there.  If you have voltage at an upstream connector but not at the connector for the actual t/signal, you will then need to closely inspect the wiring between those two points.  A problem I've seen reported before involves wiring that either wasn't routed correctly or had a locator that came loose, allowing the wiring to rub against the tire until it caused either an open circuit or a short.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.