Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: TC upgrades on 2014 Ultra CVO  (Read 3274 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: TC upgrades on 2014 Ultra CVO
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »

The stock guides and seals work. The AV&V guides I use and their seals work better. About .0005 tighter fit valve to guide prolongs seal life and compliments a concentric valve job. I replace all the guides, I don't care what the casting number is or if it is water cooled.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »

In my 07 SEUC I had Dan Baisley do his pro street job and the guides and seals went bad twice. Of course that was way back then before all the other Indys figured out changing as you said along with the springs. The second time the exhaust valve was stuck and he had to beat it loose. So put all back together and pulled the motor and It's been in a box ever since. I was just wondering if the MOCO had changed seals and or guides after that.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 06:18:52 PM »

They bagged the kline seals and now use a black Viton seal which masks the problem of loose guide to valve fit. They are good seals and cost a lot too.

MCE

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »

Bronze guides have several advantages over stock. Bronze is self lubricating, better thermal conductivity and as don pointed out, you can set them tighter. AV&Vs are pretty good but there are better ones out there too.

Bronze also lasts allot longer...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:54:06 PM by MCE »

drjohn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 07:51:01 AM »

I am moving away from MoCo parts and I have ordered S&S roller rocker arms, S&S cam plate and oil pump, and S&S Lifters.  Thanks for all the help on here everyone.  I am looking forward to a quieter top end motor and better durability.  If I hadn't had the SE585 cams installed, I would be going to a gear drive system. 

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »

Bronze guides have several advantages over stock. Bronze is self lubricating, better thermal conductivity and as don pointed out, you can set them tighter. AV&Vs are pretty good but there are better ones out there too.

Bronze also lasts allot longer...

Please tell us about these better guides and what tangible proof you have they are "better". What does that mean? Did you do some sort of testing or is this just based on metallurgy claims?

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »

In my 07 SEUC I had Dan Baisley do his pro street job and the guides and seals went bad twice. Of course that was way back then before all the other Indys figured out changing as you said along with the springs. The second time the exhaust valve was stuck and he had to beat it loose. So put all back together and pulled the motor and It's been in a box ever since. I was just wondering if the MOCO had changed seals and or guides after that.

Same problem with Baisley Pro-Street head job.  All seals lifted up off of guide.  Rear exhaust valve stuck and broke Delkron Billet support plate.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »

The AV&V guides use a serrated top that grips the seal. Problem solved.
By the way the MOCO guides are not all that uniform either. I have seen as much as + or - mostly - .003 in the tops. Some seals go on hard as hell others slip on too easy. I cut them to .423 then use .421 seals in the rare case when just doing a valve job.

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »

if you want a bullet proof 110:
replace springs with beehives (the reason the 110`s have so much lifter failure is do to too much spring pressure)
replace guides & seals with AV&V
replace lifters with S&S units (even with beehives,OEM lifters are pretty cappy)
have your crank trued,plugged & welded (or better yet,replace with a S&S assy)
install a Timken conversion(yes they are required IMO,much more stability for the F/W`s)
we do a lot of 110 motors as well as 110 to 124" builds,which is something else you may want to look into
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:33:07 AM by prodrag1320 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.