Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Battery Charger/Tender  (Read 9112 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Battery Charger/Tender
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

..... This would eliminate the need for the pigtail,a potential source of trouble.
Thanks for your response
Pete V
I've used the pigtail on my last two bikes (same pigtail, same Battery Tender) and have not had any trouble with them. They come with a cover to protect the prongs when not plugged up to the Battery Tender, and the cord is long enough to route it in a safe manner so as not to worry about it getting chaffed.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bagger

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 07:41:52 PM »

Bagger, I'm pretty sure my GBC came with both the clips and the 3-prong hard-wired type. I had 2 new accessory pigtails already. When I ordered the GBC, I wound up with 3. The 3-prong pigtails work with 2-prong chargers as well, like my Kury Dually. I'm putting one on the Miata so I can use the GBC on it if I need to. Hoist! 8-)

Hoist, It may have........you bought the 5A didn't you?  I do know that the BT and the 1.25A come with notning more than the alligator clips.  Sorta chincy actually.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »

Hoist, It may have........you bought the 5A didn't you?  I do know that the BT and the 1.25A come with notning more than the alligator clips.  Sorta chincy actually.

Yeah, 5A Henry. Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

I have two questions on the BT's maybe someone can answer. Will a BT damage a gel type battery?
Since the charge rate is very low , could you rig something up to [highlight]charge the battery through the cigarette lighter?[/highlight]
Thanks for any info recieved

:-?  Whatr' you smokin' there, Eagle?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD  

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 07:52:07 PM »

ONLY THE GOOD STUFF!! and washin it down with JD
Regards,Fla Eagle

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »

:-?  Whatr' you smokin' there, Eagle?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD  

I bought the BT Plus 5amp for my 5th wheel battery.  Paid about $20 less than the HD Global, which is exactly the same as the BT Plus, but they're in different cases...bummer. :-/
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:54:25 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 07:55:54 PM »

ONLY THE GOOD STUFF!! and washin it down with JD

I understand where you're comin' from now!  ;) Been there many, many times!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 09:02:27 PM »

You guys laugh about the cigarette lighter but I have a couple old cars that we don't get to drive too much and the battery tenders are plugged in to the cigarette lighters.  They work great even on the standard lead-acid batteries but are only one amp.  Easy to pop out and toss on the shelf.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 09:13:26 PM »

Can't you clip the aligator clips off and crimp some ring terminals on, then wire it up?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »

Can't you clip the aligator clips off and crimp some ring terminals on, then wire it up?

Now don't I feel STOOOOPID!  I never thought about that.  That's why it is always good to hang out with smart folks.  D@mmit man.  Terry, unlike me, you have common sense.  There goes $7.95 plus tax.............but, I do have a 3 pin and hermetically sealed ring pins on my pig tail.  hey, gotta do something to justify my stupidity

Henry<-----dumb ass!

Fla_Eagle

• My Harley Hot Rod
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »

FYI,
 If you go to batterymart.com, click on Battery Tender, then click on Deltran Battery accessories you can purchase exactly the plug I was looking for or the standard plug that comes with the unit. I purchased a couple of each so I can charge multiple vehicles. They also have what appears to be good prices on BT's and other products.
Thanks for your help
Pete V
Regards,Fla Eagle

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

94624-97B HD Battery Charging Harness $7.95 List. C'mon, you can buy as many as you need for all your vehicles. Henry, save the one with the clips for convenience when you need it for an emergency! JMHO! ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 12:22:55 PM »

I got the 25 foot extension to go with it for when I'm traveling. I run that sucker right out the door to the trailer so's I can monitor the tender.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2007, 08:35:43 AM »

The original battery is still running in y 2000 Softail Deuce that a friend of my bought from me this summer.  I always keep in on the BT all winter hear in New England.  That's seven riding seasons on one battery!
 :cucumber:
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.