Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Carolina "ButtBuffer" ever use one?  (Read 3078 times)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Carolina "ButtBuffer" ever use one?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 11:13:30 PM »

I'll always find a space far, far away from the rest of you guys and cover the bike with a Gold Wing cover ;).
Tony

;D ;D ;D
good one man!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 04:05:05 PM »

Thanks, I studied the threads about the Corbin rebuilds and such, but I can stand my seat for short days but any long haul I wanted to have something to throw on there.  The Propad looks just as good.

Have you used the pro pad?
I have one for the wife, we got it in Sturgis this past august. she loved it. I watched them put one in a stock seat, they took off the cover and of all things, used a electric knife to cut away some of the stock foam, inserted the gel pad, recovered the seat,  you couldnt even tell, and popped it back on the bike and they rode away, 30 minutes in all. We got the one that goes on top, she said it made a big difference. I use it sometimes too, when I use the stock seat for the SEEG. Worth the dough, i think.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Bagger

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 12:09:50 AM »

Been trying to get this guy on the phone.  Always get his machine.  Would like to know if he can do his stuff to my seat and retain the heat capability.  Anyone know if that is possible?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 02:04:29 AM »

I'm sorry guys, but the ones that go on top.... :puke:

If you get one of these, they need to include the book by Velvet Jones "How to Be a HO"
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »

If you get one of these, they need to include the book by Velvet Jones "How to Be a HO"
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Too much,
TC

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 08:56:43 AM »

Been trying to get this guy on the phone.  Always get his machine.  Would like to know if he can do his stuff to my seat and retain the heat capability.  Anyone know if that is possible?

I would like to know this as well. Maybe worth a shot if they can do it with the heated seat. Maybe I'll do it myself and then when I mess it up I will HAVE to get the Corbin for it!!  :vrolijk_4:

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »

With some of the things I've seen added to bikes? Cant see it when your sitting on it. You can really tell the difference after a 500 mile day.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »

Bagger, I think there are some threads in the ultra string.  Some of the companies said it couldn't be done with heated seats.  Since I won't ride to far in an environment that would require a heated seat I may just get another seat done for when I remove the tourpak.
Unapologetically American!

Bagger

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »

I would like to know this as well. Maybe worth a shot if they can do it with the heated seat. Maybe I'll do it myself and then when I mess it up I will HAVE to get the Corbin for it!!  :vrolijk_4:

It would be worth it if they can incorporate more comfort into a heated seat.  I love the way the stock seat looks, and until a couple weeks ago, I loved the way it rode.  Didn't have any trouble yesterday, but we only rode 150 miles.  One thing I won't do is use one of those pads.  First, I'm up high enough as it is.  Second.........like my Brother Terry said: :puke:  He mentions in his website, that he can shave the seat down...........which is what I need prior to inserting another pad in there.  Hopefully I'll be able to contact him.  His message emphasises "PLEASE, leave a message."  I'm not much on talking to answering machines.  With the way my luck runs, he'll return my call when I'm in a meeting.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »

Hi Bagger,
In case you can't reach the first company and want to try Pro Pad to get the info from here is the link to their contact page so you have options of email,phone or fax number with them.
Good luck.    http://www.thepropad.com/contact.asp

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 05:51:48 PM »

The original manufacturer is: http://www.buttbuffer.com/   and is located in PA. I sent them the measurements they needed, and OEM SERK seat/backrest for a custom gel install and replacing the faux HD leather with the real deal. Took about 6 weeks, and $850, but it's well worth it. Retain the original look and much better seating comfort. They also make the individual pads, etc. Check out the new products, they'll probably put a Screamin Eagle or CVOHARLEY on your seat too. We just can't get enough of that OCD!  :2vrolijk_21:

Mailing Address:
PO Box 58
Ephrata, PA 17522
Shipping Address:
42 Queen St.
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717) 859-5699 - phone
(866) 859-5699 - toll free
(717) 733-9653 - fax
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:56:57 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 25 queries.