Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: esp report  (Read 2745 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
esp report
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

my 2011.5 recently stopped charging.  I suspected the regulator. went to dealer to get one. asked the service writer if esp covered. he says bring it in. replaced stator and regulator. my expense was $50.00. esp has more than paid for itself with one year left at 40000 mi.                                no lifter replacement as of now. any bets on when?!!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: esp report
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »

any bets on when?!!

Either tomorrow, or tomorrow after that.  Wish it wouldn't happen, but hope it does while under the ESP
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:42:39 AM »

any bets on when?!!

Either tomorrow, or tomorrow after that.  Wish it wouldn't happen, but hope it does while under the ESP
they are ticking? I mean worse than new ones tick.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:24:37 PM »

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) had the same experience on ESP.  Original lifters in your bike?  If they are making racket, would make sure the dealer documents it even if they will not swap out.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »

they are ticking? I mean worse than new ones tick.

I got a quote from local dealer (name deleted just in case MoCo is looking) on replacing the lifters on Beauregard, $650 going with S&S premium.  If they got into them and showed wear, warranty would take over and I would only be out the cost difference between the HD and S&S.  If no wear, full amount.  I'm still debating as I don't have "other than normal" mechanical sounds from the motor at this point.  However, my warranty runs out July 26th (this month) and I do not have ESP.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:16:03 PM »

I got a quote from local dealer (name deleted just in case MoCo is looking) on replacing the lifters on Beauregard, $650 going with S&S premium.  If they got into them and showed wear, warranty would take over and I would only be out the cost difference between the HD and S&S.  If no wear, full amount.  I'm still debating as I don't have "other than normal" mechanical sounds from the motor at this point.  However, my warranty runs out July 26th (this month) and I do not have ESP.
hello, haird! I know how you see esp. I did and still do on most products feel the same as you do. maybe, on a 110 with extensive electrical problems problematic in the future. well, glad the 110 coaxed me into the esp. just sayin glad I did.

ultrarider123

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »

hello, haird! I know how you see esp. I did and still do on most products feel the same as you do. maybe, on a 110 with extensive electrical problems problematic in the future. well, glad the 110 coaxed me into the esp. just sayin glad I did.

Glad for you, too... :2vrolijk_21:
I don't dislike the option but I have paid for it many times on many HD's and not had to use it (which is a good thing really...no breakdowns).  At this point and with all the prior unused ESP costs, it would take a couple of major breakdowns/motor-transmission replacements, etc. for me to come close to breaking even on purchasing an ESP on this or any future bike.  Plus, I now keep a savings account specifically to help offset any possible after-warranty repairs. 
As for you and others who have actually had to use it, it's a very useful tool to have on hand. 

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »

I don't dislike the option but I have paid for it many times on many HD's and not had to use it (which is a good thing really...no breakdowns).  At this point and with all the prior unused ESP costs, it would take a couple of major breakdowns/motor-transmission replacements, etc. for me to come close to breaking even on purchasing an ESP on this or any future bike.  Plus, I now keep a savings account specifically to help offset any possible after-warranty repairs. 
As for you and others who have actually had to use it, it's a very useful tool to have on hand.
I understand,brother!!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »

Now that's just a crying shame you have to do that to ride one of HD's top of the line bikes just because it's not usually IF but when.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »

Now that's just a crying shame you have to do that to ride one of HD's top of the line bikes just because it's not usually IF but when.
agree! :( :(

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 04:38:08 PM »

my 2011.5 recently stopped charging.  I suspected the regulator. went to dealer to get one. asked the service writer if esp covered. he says bring it in. replaced stator and regulator. my expense was $50.00. esp has more than paid for itself with one year left at 40000 mi.                                no lifter replacement as of now. any bets on when?!!

Consider yourself blessed my friend... my 11.5 has 32000 miles on the clock, two sets of lifters, two sets of cams, an oil pump, one compensator.... Also a whole bunch of ignition locks due to non functioning power lock function - although I'm convinced a few of those were never really installed correctly  :(  and several other electrical issues all covered by my ESP,  so yes in my case the ESP has more than paid for itself. Seriously considering renewing it next spring before the expiration date...

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »

Consider yourself blessed my friend... my 11.5 has 32000 miles on the clock, two sets of lifters, two sets of cams, an oil pump, one compensator.... Also a whole bunch of ignition locks due to non functioning power lock function - although I'm convinced a few of those were never really installed correctly  :(  and several other electrical issues all covered by my ESP,  so yes in my case the ESP has more than paid for itself. Seriously considering renewing it next spring before the expiration date...
wow! a Monday build? really, glad you had the esp. by the way, how you likin tn.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

wow! a Monday build? really, glad you had the esp. by the way, how you likin tn.

Monday build fer sure  :D      Even with the problems I've had with it I still love the bike. 

We're LOVING Tennessee  :2vrolijk_21:  Third best thing I ever dun! 1- Divorce the Ex   2- Marry my current spouse 3- Get out of CT and move to TN !!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:03:04 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 25 queries.