Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glide Pro mount failed in 2,000 miles  (Read 1655 times)

ArtvR

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Glide Pro mount failed in 2,000 miles
« on: August 20, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »

The front engine mount went out on my CVO Road Glide at 17,500 miles. Read a ton of reviews on Glide Pro and virtually all were great so I had my HD shop install it. Did great, but less than 2,000 miles later it totally failed and started a violent banging that I feared was a broken valve or some other major failure. My current Harley mechanic pulled the mount and found the "rubber" in pieces. Installed a Velva Ride in its place and the bike is smoother than ever.  Hope it holds up. Don't know if mine is a special case, but thought I should note it because there are apparently no other failures recorded. Lesson is, talk to actual users before you automatically believe everything that is written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Glide Pro mount failed in 2,000 miles
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:11:04 AM »

I replaced the oe on my 05 due to buddy moaning about how much better a Glide Pro was, it failed within 10k so I then used a Velva Ride because it was the hot ticket on the internet, it also failed. Put the OE that I initially removed back on and it was still going when I sold it a few years later. More of the aftermarket not being the better choice every time.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: Glide Pro mount failed in 2,000 miles
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »

They replaced my expensive swing-arm bushings due to them just falling apart.  The front motor mount also turned into a handful of rubber chunks.  While they replaced the swing-arm bushings they did not replace the motor mount. When I installed the motor mount I noticed a bit more vibration at all speeds. I should have used the Velva Ride system or go back to the OEM parts. The only thing I liked about Glide Pro is the alignment procedure on video.  Can't say I enjoyed installing everything twice.  I won't use their products again, expensive and way overrated.   

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.