Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Ride Planner Full Route BOOM! 6.5  (Read 1160 times)

TriDan

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
Harley Ride Planner Full Route BOOM! 6.5
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »

I don't know if this is where it should be but past couple months importing travel routes has changed.

Used to be when you made a route with multiple stops the first import available was "Select All" which put all the stops in as individual saved points and as many travel routes as there were stop points, first one was the real route, then one route starting from each waypoint that went to the next point only.

The second route was the name of the file with a .gpx extension.  This is the one you wanted to choose.  It was a route with every stop you had plotted via the ride planner.

After that one, there was as many routes as you had waypoints.  You could choose any one or multiple ones but the route they had started at their waypoint and only went to the next waypoint.  No further.

Well a few months ago the second route, the one that had the actual multiple stop route correctly doesn't show any more.  I have some of the old thumbdrives with old routes and they'll import correctly and show the whole real route but nothing made any more will have the whole route.

Does this make any sense?  Is it happening to anyone else?

Help
DanH

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
Re: Harley Ride Planner Full Route BOOM! 6.5
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »

Dan, I quit using Ride Planner a few months ago in favor of MyRouteApp.com. I find the route planning to be MUCH easier and they have recently introduced an export option specifically for H-D Itaint system that seems to work well.

I now see too options for importing, Routes and Tracks. The Routes include the specified waypoint (with custom labels), leaving the GPS to determine the routing in between based on the preferences/avoidances entered. The Tracks option imports many data points along the route so as to duplicate the exact routing planned. I've not played with this option much, but on occasion, have lost the custom waypoint labels I had entered.

I have a 10-day ride through LA, KY, WV, VA, TN, NC, and back coming up next week - 5,000 miles in total. The route planning and GPS will be getting a good workout along the way.

Not sure that addresses your specific problem with Ride Planner, but hopefully, gives you some options to consider. Also, a new Itaint update was released today...hopefully some much needed fixes are addressed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:18:29 PM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
Re: Harley Ride Planner Full Route BOOM! 6.5
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:13:51 PM »

I checked this out today after updating the system software. The ability to import the individual locations is showing. That said, I caution you against doing so. They add no value to your routing and only take up more space on the already too small drive. And removing them (has to be done 1-by-1) is a pain in the butt!
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.