Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ridin the OC  (Read 1999 times)

SPIDERMAN

Ridin the OC
« on: March 04, 2007, 09:18:48 PM »

Me, Hank, John, Jerry, Little Brian and some of the wives rode the OC today. Beagle's back is a train wreck so he sat this one out. We started out by ridin up I-5 just below San Clemente where we got on Pacific Coast Highway. Not too hard to tell when you're in the OC. You start out seeing a couple high end Mercendes AMG models and then a Lambo cruises by, a couple Ferraris, a Maseratti or two, handleful of those cool little Lotus's and my favorite of the day, a brand new Astin Martin coupe. I pulled up beside the guy at a light and said " you win"  " Win what ?" he says. " Best car in the OC today hands down dude "  We ended up talking to him and his wife/girlfriend/trophy girl ??? for the next four or five lights. Nice guy. Not at all your usual stuck up OC type. Guess when you're ahead of the pack it's easier to be nice. Anyway, from Laguna Beach we segued into Newport and then up over the Oretga Highway. If you've ever seen the progressive insurance commercial with the metric crotch rocket crankin through a corner with nothing but air in the background, that's the Ortega highway. Usually crawling with cops and crotch rockets, not a of either today as there was a one lane break in the middle holding things up, but we rode to the front of the line ( All the Escalades blowin their horns - - - now those are typical OC folk )  So when we started up we were in the front with nobody ahead of us. Jerry takes a nice line, so l let him get ahead and we rode through about 100 turns averaging around 50. Ortega's not as tight as the dragon, although it's longer and steeper. The turns are mostly sweepers and you can get a good rythym going. We got down to the bottom and took the back way around Lake Elsinore and then down I-15 and home. Nice 200 mile ride. Had a fantastic lunch at an authentic diner called Ruby's on the coast. Root Beer float I can still taste  ( yummmmmmm ) Temps between low 70's to low 80's in a couple places. Say what you will about the OC, but it's full of beautiful people with a lot of money that like to show off. Makes for an entertaining Sunday afternoon.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Ridin the OC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »

Sounds like a good ride you guys took. Without getting all over this damn NYer, what the hell is the OC? Is everyone supposed to know what that means? Well I don't. And why is it something special. Is this some kinda Calif sprout eating thing? ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 10:06:19 PM »

I'm guessing here, but I believe it's for Orange County. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »

I'm guessing here, but I believe it's for Orange County. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

I was thinking that JR, but why do they use the word "the" in front of it? It makes no sense. And what's so special about Orange County. A bunch of turkeys are from Orange County, NY! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »

concidering  the cages in the story  its prolly oc without the d :nixweiss:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »

And to think we almost headed that way instead of Ventura. You guys had the better ride for sure. We'll get down there this summer. See you then.  Wrongway

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »

And to think we almost headed that way instead of Ventura. You guys had the better ride for sure. We'll get down there this summer. See you then.  Wrongway

Hey Wrongway, where'd you get all those cool David Mann pics on your computer. Is there a link you can get me. I'd love to download them. I think he was awesome! Hoist! 8)

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 11:13:17 PM »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

Big B

Sounds like an awesome trip there my brother ...you gotta love a great day in the saddle! :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 11:38:48 PM »

Glad you guys got in a great ride and some good times together.  Can't wait for the weather to turn here although today it did get in the 50's near Seattle and there were a lot of bundled up bikers out there when Cindy and I got back over the pass from a dinner and night's stay where we are building.

Not riding weather there but beautiful none the less.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:47:32 PM by Rjob749 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »

Sounds like a good ride you guys took. Without getting all over this damn NYer, what the hell is the OC? Is everyone supposed to know what that means? Well I don't. And why is it something special. Is this some kinda Calif sprout eating thing? ;) Hoist! 8)

The OC is part of the SoCal Riviera. Yes it stands for Orange County, but when you say The OC you're talkin the coast, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach etc. Everyone seems to be rich and good looking. Hot cars, hot babes, lots of everything that makes California um er ah - -well - - - - California. There's about 5 different TV shows based on it. I think one is actually called The OC. Then there's Laguna Beach and Real Housewives of The OC. I have no idea what it is all these people do for a living that they're so damn rich, but rich they are and they love to show it off. It's cool to get in the middle of a group of hot cars when you're on a hot bike and lookin fine. Like I said, we had a running conversation with the guy in the Astin Martin on one side of the group and on the other side they were talkin to some gorgeous blondes in a V-12 Mercedes AMG something or other. All I know is it costs more than I make in a year. LOL  OC New York on the other hand is not a place I want to be. Sorry Howie, nothing against the rest of the state, but next time I'm in NY State, I'll pass on OC NY.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »

The OC is part of the SoCal Riviera.

I can't help but chuckle a little and shake my head whenever the current incarnation of Orange County rears its head.  It's not even totally just a perception either.  Part of the area really is what that image portends.   But it's a far cry from the Orange County that I grew up in in the 60s.  Lived in Santa Ana in an area that not too much later became home to a bunch of Montagnard.  Dad worked in Anaheim.  Other family in Orange and Tustin.  A big deal was going to Disneyland or Palomar or down to Dago to the Zoo or Seaworld.  Might get lucky and go to Knott's Berry Farm once a year too.  Hell, there were still orange groves to be found then....  None of that is "The OC" of today though.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

Don,
      The town I live in was a cow pasture 40 years ago. That's California. Nothing is very old because everything changes. Life is fast here. I love San Diego, but it's not some idyllic little small town kinda place where you stop in at the diner and folks ask if the Mrs is over her cold. That's Maine where I'd be laid up in bed right now with my arthritis so bad I couldn't move. It was 84 here today. I made 3 trips back and forth down a 1,500 ft pier on foot and climbed around the ships when I got there. You can't have everything.

B B

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.