Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Crank Case Breather  (Read 5053 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Crank Case Breather
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »

I guess I'm not really vertically challenged at 6' 0", but the comfort factor of slightly wider boards sounds OK. Does it present any problems with the boards being more likely to grind out in the turns though ?

Nige

They still don't become the low point.  So you're not changing anything on that score.

FWIW I wasn't a true believer when several first started mentioning this a couple years or more ago.  Thought, "oh, 3/4" can't make any real difference."  I was wrong.  It's one of those things you notice immediately the first time you sit on the bike after the spacers installed too.  You're not wrapping your leg/knee around the air cleaner anymore but instead have a more comfortable position hanging down beside it.  It's a benefit on both sides.  On the right side it's most dramatic though.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »

They still don't become the low point.  So you're not changing anything on that score.

FWIW I wasn't a true believer when several first started mentioning this a couple years or more ago.  Thought, "oh, 3/4" can't make any real difference."  I was wrong.  It's one of those things you notice immediately the first time you sit on the bike after the spacers installed too.  You're not wrapping your leg/knee around the air cleaner anymore but instead have a more comfortable position hanging down beside it.  It's a benefit on both sides.  On the right side it's most dramatic though.

Sounds good to me, think I might give em a go.

:beerchug:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »

Grind in the turns, I thought that's what they were for, Lean angle indicators!
I know what your saying, mine scrape enough as is. I don't have a Major problem with the A/C, but like to get the extended brake pedal and shifter so I can move my feet forward some.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »

Grind in the turns, I thought that's what they were for, Lean angle indicators!
I know what your saying, mine scrape enough as is. I don't have a Major problem with the A/C, but like to get the extended brake pedal and shifter so I can move my feet forward some.

The boards on my Heritage have been severely chamfered over the years. I generally ride now with my toe just sticking over the side of the board, this acts as my lean angle indicator so that I don't keep frightening the ch*t out of my good lady on the back (toe stays in when I am on my own ! )

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »

What Don says.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.