Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cruise control range  (Read 1589 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
cruise control range
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:42 AM »

can you make the cruise control on a 07 operate in the 90-95mph area?
if so how please.

thanks

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: cruise control range
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »

can you make the cruise control on a 07 operate in the 90-95mph area?
if so how please.

thanks

TN

No. Sorry.

:indian_chief:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

why would you want to? ( not asking in a smart ass way ) at that speed i would be concerned with the additional reaction time to dis-engage the cruise and take over the throttle
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

I can't set any of our bikes past 85.   '02, '04, and '07.

07 owners manual on page 114 states only good from 30 - 85 mph or 48-137 kph

Sorry don't know of a way to by pass this  :nixweiss:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

I didn't realize that there was a limit on the speed for the cruise control, but it makes sense that there would be.  I had my cruise lock up on an '04 Ultra Classic.  I had to hit the kill switch, pull in the clutch, and coast over to the side of the Georgia interstate.  I started the bike back up and continued the trip (without the cruise).  One dealer in GA and my local dealer both checked out the bike and could not reproduce the problem.  I would hate for it to have locked up at 95 MPH.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »

I didn't realize that there was a limit on the speed for the cruise control, but it makes sense that there would be.  I had my cruise lock up on an '04 Ultra Classic.  I had to hit the kill switch, pull in the clutch, and coast over to the side of the Georgia interstate.  I started the bike back up and continued the trip (without the cruise).  One dealer in GA and my local dealer both checked out the bike and could not reproduce the problem.  I would hate for it to have locked up at 95 MPH.

In i's first year or 15 months the cruise on the red bike hung up all the time.  Initially only in temps below 45 or so but progressively worse as time passed. 

Normal drill at the damn dealership though.  Had it to them four times only to hear the common refrain "it didn't do it for us Don."  I told them it was the cable.  I told them I'd taken it off and found the cable working roughly and even hanging in the cable housing.  Same drill, "it didn't do it for us."

I still think they never did any more then try it at an idle.  The last time I attempted to have them look was asking about an obviously broken front motor mount at the same time.  Same drill, "it looks ok to me."

Finally dawned on me that a set of Velva mounts and stabilizers and a $30 cable was cheaper then the time spent going back and forth to this fine example of a well trained effective service establishment.  Cruise control stepper cable, 30 bucks and change.  Saying f**k it and just moving on, priceless.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:01:34 AM »

In i's first year or 15 months the cruise on the red bike hung up all the time.  Initially only in temps below 45 or so but progressively worse as time passed. 

Normal drill at the damn dealership though.  Had it to them four times only to hear the common refrain "it didn't do it for us Don."  I told them it was the cable.  I told them I'd taken it off and found the cable working roughly and even hanging in the cable housing.  Same drill, "it didn't do it for us."

I still think they never did any more then try it at an idle.  The last time I attempted to have them look was asking about an obviously broken front motor mount at the same time.  Same drill, "it looks ok to me."

Finally dawned on me that a set of Velva mounts and stabilizers and a $30 cable was cheaper then the time spent going back and forth to this fine example of a well trained effective service establishment.  Cruise control stepper cable, 30 bucks and change.  Saying f**k it and just moving on, priceless.

Wow this seems so so familiar to the Howie Threads on warranty vs. just doing it yourself :)
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:34:09 AM »

Wow this seems so so familiar to the Howie Threads on warranty vs. just doing it yourself :)

Not entirely Harry.  Though the premise is the same.  Howie did much of his as a sort of pre-emptive warranty avoidance technique.  Feeling like you need to do that because you can't count on what might be ahead of you is bad enough.  Having actual and easily identifiable bad parts currently broken or bad and still not being able to get warranty handling in such a time that to avoid simply taking a swing at someone it's just easier to do it yourself is, in my opinion, an even more flagrant foul.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.