Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HARLEY SPONSORED CVO EVENTS  (Read 3517 times)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
Re: HARLEY SPONSORED CVO EVENTS
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:56 PM »

I've got a V-Rod too (non-CVO) and I don't get any additional attention from the MOCO.  I think they've got that loyalty thing going on and know it!

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:56 PM »

Jeffj, I am wondering if you happen to have willy G's E:mail address.  ;D  want to see if he can find out where the hell my bike is!   :nixweiss: Maybe for all the inconvienience in wait time I can talk him in to an autograph on the frame assuming they can find it. :carrot:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:05 AM »

Willie G, normally calls me every other Friday and we discuss upcoming rides and events 
I will try and do a better job of keeping everyone aware what's going on.

Jeff,
I can never connect with him, only voice mail. If you do it regularly, please have Karen call Big Brian (Spiderman) about some Motorclothes issues.  ;D

THANKS!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »

I got an email last June regarding the CVO breakfast/show @ Rapid City convention center. I supplied my VIN and got a confirmation, they were very nice to us when we arrived, spent several dollars to produce the event, Willie G circulated with his wife for photos etc. Engineers were overly helpful. I spoke with the person in the seating area about the peeling on my seat/backrest, he contacted the dealer before i arrived back home and authorized replacement.
We enjoyed the experience and will go again.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 05:59:55 PM »

I got an email last June regarding the CVO breakfast/show @ Rapid City convention center. I supplied my VIN and got a confirmation, they were very nice to us when we arrived, spent several dollars to produce the event, Willie G circulated with his wife for photos etc. Engineers were overly helpful. I spoke with the person in the seating area about the peeling on my seat/backrest, he contacted the dealer before i arrived back home and authorized replacement.
We enjoyed the experience and will go again.
What day was the event held last year?  I'm hoping for Sunday a.m.  I've got a room in Rapid City for Saturday night.

MikeD

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »

When are they coming to Atlanta so I can hang with the g-man!!!

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 12:05:35 AM »

Phaze,

Why do you want info from the Moco when you got CVO Harley.  Since I found this site, I rarely look elsewhere.  The members here seem to know more & sooner than anybody I ever spoke to at HD.  The best thing is they don't want anything in return.

I agree, it would be nice to be recognized as the elite group.  But then again, I got more than 3K elite Bikers right here.  We got your back brother.  Ask and you shall receive.  Great name by the way. 

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »

Phaze,

Why do you want info from the Moco when you got CVO Harley.  Since I found this site, I rarely look elsewhere.  The members here seem to know more & sooner than anybody I ever spoke to at HD.  The best thing is they don't want anything in return.

I agree, it would be nice to be recognized as the elite group.  But then again, I got more than 3K elite Bikers right here.  We got your back brother.  Ask and you shall receive.  Great name by the way. 
Well, I agree that there is a lot more to be learned here than I would expect to learn from the MOCO.  I just wondered what day of the week the MOCO holds the CVO event in Sturgis.  I've spent enough money with them that I don't mind eating any free food that they might have to offer.  I recall last year that they served breakfast and supplied tickets to races.  I did not attend, but I was thinking about it for '07 depending on when they hold the event.

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »

It was on Monday in 2006.  I was pretty cynical before the gig but came away glad that I'd attended.  In addition to the breakfast refreshments, the dog-and-pony show regarding the new models was pretty neat.  We also got to go through the new model preview at the Civic Center on Monday before the non-CVO types did, and there was a line a mile long to get the HOG pin and see the new bikes.  I had planned to go on a ride out to an old bar located S-E of Rapid City in the afternoon, but because the MOCO had provided free tickets to the drag races in Sturgis, I decided to go to the drags instead.  The races were pretty good and very windy.  Later that day a major storm blew in and deposited big-time hail and other such stuff all around the area.  Representatives from the CVO Division were our hosts at the track and solicited our input on any and all topics.  My diatribe was why H-D doesn't have ABS (clearly not a CVO-related topic, but since no one else from the MOCO asked my opinion lately, I gave it to the nearest employee).  The Screamin' Eagle Drag Race Team riders came over and chatted us up, too.  The food consisted of really good, thick burgers and brats (mandated by Milwaukee, I'm sure).  Beer was available for purchase and very cold.  Finally, we were given black lanyards to use for attaching badges, or whatever, with "STURGIS 2006" on one side and "CVO OPERATIONS" in white lettering on the other.  I'm wearing one today and that alone made the deal worthwhile.  Yes, I'm cheap and superficial.

I would attend another one of these in a heartbeat, but haven't heard about one this year.  It was very cool!
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 08:30:57 AM »

CVO events would be nice. I don't think a stand alone event would be worth while however a mini event within an event may work. Honda does this at Daytona each year.

I half to laugh at the "Elite group" comment above. This makes me think this is where the term RUB comes from. I guess Elite is relative to ones interpretation. I sure don't think of Elite as the person who spent more money to BUY their bike. If so is it a contest? I have 43K into my Chopper and I built it. Does this make me an Elite Chopper rider. I don't think so. I'm just a knucklehead who spent to much money building a bike when I should have bought some land in the country. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.