Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where does the Audible alarm module go in an 08?  (Read 1654 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Where does the Audible alarm module go in an 08?
« on: November 26, 2007, 12:51:54 PM »

I took the factory audible alarm off a 2006 Road glide and wish to put it on a 2008 Road glide.  They moved a lot of stuff around to accommodate the bigger tank and I can't find where to plug it in.  My older shop manual has it going near the fuel injection module under a side cover.  The 08's have this module under the seat.  Hope the 06 part will fit the 08. Can anyone shed light where none currently exists.
Thanks

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Where does the Audible alarm module go in an 08?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:55:19 AM »

I took the factory audible alarm off a 2006 Road glide and wish to put it on a 2008 Road glide.  They moved a lot of stuff around to accommodate the bigger tank and I can't find where to plug it in.  My older shop manual has it going near the fuel injection module under a side cover.  The 08's have this module under the seat.  Hope the 06 part will fit the 08. Can anyone shed light where none currently exists.
Thanks

It goes under the left side cover forward of the fuse box. The fuse box slides out of the way and there is a mount there for it. The connector harness is tucked back in there as well.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Where does the Audible alarm module go in an 08?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:33:10 AM »

It goes under the left side cover forward of the fuse box. The fuse box slides out of the way and there is a mount there for it. The connector harness is tucked back in there as well.

Thanks for the reply.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.