Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT May void warranty  (Read 1572 times)

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
SERT May void warranty
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »

Spoke with MOCO power train customer rep today .  I asked the question about changing the pipe and sert and cam . The moco knowes that 90% of the owners change the pipes no problem ,sert is considered a raceing application cams are also thus raising concerns if a warranty issue arises... PS power commander is also a no no in the eyes of MOCO . ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
Re: SERT May void warranty
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »

You'll find all kinds of info on this subject here.  It absolutely just seems to depend on who you talk to.  Dealers will tell you that they'll take care of you, but only so far as they can.  Just sit back and enjoy the responses you get on this topic.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 10:27:44 AM »

Skippy ... this topic really depends on your relationship with the dealer and their stance on their work.   

However, I would recommend many many PM's to Hoist on this topic as I think he has beat this horse to death and just might be the site export on warranty and the intentions of breaking it.    I am quite sure that after going back through his posts and the replies to his posts you will be well prepared to make your own decision on this topic :)

I am not sure if there is a post checker though for the first 1200 posts from a person ... is this a feature request ?? ;D
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »

Skippy ... this topic really depends on your relationship with the dealer and their stance on their work.   

However, I would recommend many many PM's to Hoist on this topic as I think he has beat this horse to death and just might be the site export on warranty and the intentions of breaking it.    I am quite sure that after going back through his posts and the replies to his posts you will be well prepared to make your own decision on this topic :)

I am not sure if there is a post checker though for the first 1200 posts from a person ... is this a feature request ?? ;D

Harry's 100% correct! And after beating this to death trying to figure out how to do both, you can't! But you can minimize your exposure. You take your chances with W.....ty if you modify your ECM. You take your chances with your engine if you don't! Weigh your options to decide. By factory edict and to be in compliance with EPA, per the MOCo you void your W.....ty if you do an ECM mod. That said, it must be done anyway. You have 3 choices IMO, PC III, SERT, TMax w/AutoTune. The TMax is a complete ECM replacement and will be the biggest W.....ty voider. SERT modifies your factory ECM and leaves its mark on the stock one. Technically, it voids W.....ty, but many dealers stand behind it since it's an HD part. You must work this out with your dealer upfront, as they give you their personal assurance that you'll be covered. No guarranty thst you'll be covered on the road as the factory's position is officially a voided W.....ty for installing it. Says so when you load it up. Third is PC III. This is an add-on device that leaves not trace and can easily be removed. With only stage I mods, IMO this is the best choice, as long as you're willing to understand the syatem and be capable of removing it if you grenade an engine, I think this is the best choice while under W.....ty! Everyone's comfort level on this issue is different. FTW!!! Make sure you take care of the ECM Mod one way or another or you'll be assured of having to do W.....ty work over those 2 years! :beatdeadhorse: Refer to this thread. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=8943.msg134453#msg134453

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:08:13 PM »

I knew Hoist wouldnt let ya down :)  Although I personally wouldnt do the PC due to issues I have had an the fact that it lies to the ECM and if it were to chit the bed on a long run you would not want to ride the bike because you would be too lean since the bikes are already too lean and if you added an A/C and pipes you might not make it back.    I am only speaking to the 110's though in this case because there is no stage 1 download  available from Harley to put infront of the PC, so for me its SERT.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »

I knew Hoist wouldnt let ya down :)  Although I personally wouldnt do the PC due to issues I have had an the fact that it lies to the ECM and if it were to chit the bed on a long run you would not want to ride the bike because you would be too lean since the bikes are already too lean and if you added an A/C and pipes you might not make it back.    I am only speaking to the 110's though in this case because there is no stage 1 download  available from Harley to put infront of the PC, so for me its SERT.

And I agree, but you need a guy that knows how to tune a SERT. There are many more PC guys around and don't have to use the dealer with the PC. You can pick up another one anywhere if it fails and load your tuned map to it. Although a spare, already SERTed ECM, would frankly be a better default, with my stock ECM stashed in a plastic bag JIC! Anyone parting with one? But overall, FTW, and this winter, with the new top end, it's TMAT time! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.