Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3d Party Bike Alarms  (Read 1280 times)

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
3d Party Bike Alarms
« on: November 29, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »

Just got a phone call from my bikes previous owner.  He forgot to tell me and give me the key fobs for my bikes alarm system..  Seems it has a 3d party system called an immobilizer... but he could never get it to work.

Seems they are still for sale, anyone have any experience with them?  Should I get it working or swap it with a newer system??
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
Re: 3d Party Bike Alarms
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

Best advice I can give is completely remove it. Sometimes aftermarket can pull a drain on your battery if left alone for a extended period. I would also offer no more protection than the factory unit. 
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 3d Party Bike Alarms
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »

You can put the factory alarm system on a 2000 model bike.  And they do work well.  Couple of things to be aware of when doing so though. 

When doing this on a 2000 you can do it yourself completely as the TSSM won't need to be programmed by the Digital Tech equipment at the dealership to work with the Marelli ECM.  The 2000 bike's main harness, however, won't have the connections for the alarm system as does the later year bikes.  So along with the security system kit of 68200-00D you'll also need installation kit 68314-01.  The installation kit is the interface harness you'll add.

One other thing.  The alarm kit includes a bracket to hold the TSSM (the alarm module) in place that is a pain in the ass to use.  70447-01 is the little spring steel clip to hold the module in place that all the later production uses as original equipment.  It takes two seconds to install and hold the module firmly in place with rather than the contortionist's act and multiple foul oaths that the stupid bracket with the kit will cause.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.