Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 Intermittent Skip  (Read 1111 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
110 Intermittent Skip
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:00:42 PM »

On the last day of my Key West trip my 07 Ultra developed a intermittent skip.  At first it would skip just one time (barely noticeable).  Later in the day it got progressively worse, but never longer than six to eight seconds.  Engine never completely cut off.  Engine light never came on.  Toward the end of the day it seemed that it happend more when I hit a rough section of pavement.

Of course when I took it to the dealer it was running perfect.  Left it with them and they called me later and said that they found a partially broken wire going to the rear cylinder injector.  The tech said it looked like the connector was crimped too tightly and damaged to wire.  After reading some of the post here about other problems with the 110 I was relieved that it was something that simple! 

Just though I would pass it along in case some one else has the same problem!

:2vrolijk_21:   

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: 110 Intermittent Skip
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »

On the last day of my Key West trip my 07 Ultra developed a intermittent skip.  At first it would skip just one time (barely noticeable).  Later in the day it got progressively worse, but never longer than six to eight seconds.  Engine never completely cut off.  Engine light never came on.  Toward the end of the day it seemed that it happend more when I hit a rough section of pavement.

Of course when I took it to the dealer it was running perfect.  Left it with them and they called me later and said that they found a partially broken wire going to the rear cylinder injector.  The tech said it looked like the connector was crimped too tightly and damaged to wire.  After reading some of the post here about other problems with the 110 I was relieved that it was something that simple! 

Just though I would pass it along in case some one else has the same problem!

:2vrolijk_21:   

I'm glad you found the problem.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: 110 Intermittent Skip
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:33:02 PM »

Not that it compares apples to apples, but naitram, back in the April 05 time frame had an injector wire problem on his SERK.  The Dealer in York fixed it after the Tour.  He did get the engine light warning at startup indicating an error code.  Surprised you did not see a code.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.