Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Fitment issues with V&H True Duals?  (Read 1320 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Any Fitment issues with V&H True Duals?
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:03:55 AM »

I am almost surely going to buy the VH TD for my '07 SERK.  Are there any fitment issues with brake pedal, O2 sensors, Thundermax larger o2 sensors etc.?
Obviously I'll be buying the ones for '07 but my concern was the ability to upgrade to Thundermax at a later time.  Also if there were any modifications made to the V&H, I do not want to get the older version.  I think some of the cheaper deals you find could be "New Old Stock" that needs to move.

Any help is appreciated.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Any Fitment issues with V&H True Duals?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »

I put the V&H TD's on my SEUC. Everything fit fine, no issues. I upgraded to the TMAT system also. The rear O2 sensor sits about 1/4" above the tranny cover on mine. The TMAT is the way to go..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:12:22 AM »

I am almost surely going to buy the VH TD for my '07 SERK.  Are there any fitment issues with brake pedal, O2 sensors, Thundermax larger o2 sensors etc.?
Obviously I'll be buying the ones for '07 but my concern was the ability to upgrade to Thundermax at a later time.  Also if there were any modifications made to the V&H, I do not want to get the older version.  I think some of the cheaper deals you find could be "New Old Stock" that needs to move.

Any help is appreciated.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

The brake pedal just makes it. It barely clears the heat shield, but still fits. You will definitely have an issue with the rear O2 bung to mount the TMAT O2 sensor. It's angled toward the tranny cover. The stock sensor barely fits. If your doing the TMAT right away, you'll have to reposition that bung. If you're doing it down the road, the system bolts up to a stock configuration without issue. That is all based on fitment on my SERK. They're all slightly different but close enough that this seems to be the consensus on this exhaust system. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »

Hogbreath had the TMAT put on his SEUC at Daytona.  He has the Vance and Hines duals and had to have the bung re-positioned on his rear pipe.  Vance and Hines advertises that they will work with the STOCK O2 sensors.  And they do.  I have the V&H duals on my SEUC and the rear stock sensor barely clears the transmission cover.  There's less than 1/2" clearance, so I know the TMAT sensors won't fit without a mod.   As far as brake pedal clearance, I have at least 1/2" clearance between the heat shield and my brake lever...there were no fitment issues on my ride.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:24:12 PM »

Is this the V/H TD Ovals everyone is talking about

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 08:10:15 PM »

Is this the V/H TD Ovals everyone is talking about

The True Duals refer to the pipes fvrom the head to the slip on mufflers.  The Ovals refer to a particular model of V&H slip on mufflers very populat on this sire.  For the most part, most mullflers and head pipes are interchangeable as far a vendors matching. 

Ovals
http://www.vanceandhines.com/a201_ovals_drs.html

True Duals (Dresser Duals)
http://www.vanceandhines.com/a111_dresserduals_drs.html

Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.