Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Factory Radio Specs?  (Read 4741 times)

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 SE Ultra & 2003 FXDXT
Factory Radio Specs?
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »

My 2008 SEUC has the the Advanced Harmon/Kardon audio system (AM/FM/WB/XM/CB/CD/MP3). I think it is a 40W system but I am not sure...I can't find much info in the literature givin to me.  It is a 4 speaker system.  Would this be 10W X 4 ? Is the amp built into the radio?  Is the amp built into the radio?  Also from what I gathered from this site my speaker are 2 ohms...is this correct for 2008?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 11:19:26 PM by Black Label Mark »

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Factory Radio Specs?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 11:01:55 PM »

Your amp is under your tour pak.  It is big, black, and ugly with a big honking plug on the right side.
You can do away with the OEM amp and replace it with an after market that mounts on top of your radio >> www.hawg-wired.com  I have not done this yet, but everyone on the site that has beefed up their audio has great things to say about the Hawg Wired system. :2vrolijk_21:

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:20 AM »

Thanks!

I have read almost every post listed about speaker's, amps, Hawg Wired, J&M, etc..but I would like to know what I currently have installed on my 2008 Ultra Classic before I open my wallet.  I am an Engineer by trade....I need specs! ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:44:59 AM by Black Label Mark »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:51:25 AM »

Thanks!

I have read almost every post listed about speaker's, amps, Hawg Wired, J&M, etc..but I would like to know what I currently have installed on my 2008 Ultra Classic before I open my wallet.  I am an Engineer by trade....I need specs! ;D

Your radio is the same radio in the Ultra, which means it has an internal amp, capable of running four speakers. The CVO Ultras come with an additional amp mounted under the TP, using the speaker output from the head unit for input. I believe the claim is 40x4, but even if that's so, I wouldn't believe it actually outputs that.

The stock radio isn't bad and the additional amp give you a bit more kick. I never listened to mine before removing it so I could remove the TP. I listen to 2 speakers mainly and 4 when the TP is installed. I don't miss the extra amp. On long trips we wear helmets with intercoms, so the speakers aren't in use.

Without the intercoms, I would probably want the extra power provided by an aftermarket system, probably the Hawg Wired.

Yes, stock speakers are 2 ohm and they suck. I replaced all four with Hog Tunes speakers and am very happy with the improvement.

From one inguhneer to another, does this help?

:indian_chief:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:56:13 AM by Chief »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:42:19 AM »

Your radio is the same radio in the Ultra, which means it has an internal amp, capable of running four speakers. The CVO Ultras come with an additional amp mounted under the TP, using the speaker output from the head unit for input. I believe the claim is 40x4, but even if that's so, I wouldn't believe it actually outputs that.

The stock radio isn't bad and the additional amp give you a bit more kick. I never listened to mine before removing it so I could remove the TP. I listen to 2 speakers mainly and 4 when the TP is installed. I don't miss the extra amp. On long trips we wear helmets with intercoms, so the speakers aren't in use.

Without the intercoms, I would probably want the extra power provided by an aftermarket system, probably the Hawg Wired.

Yes, stock speakers are 2 ohm and they suck. I replaced all four with Hog Tunes speakers and am very happy with the improvement.

Heh, I thought you were a Chief not an Inguhn?? :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

Heh, I thought you were a Chief not an Inguhn?? :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
;D ;D ;D d00d speaketh truth.

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:39 PM »

This helps...Thanks!

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.